General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Credit Stinks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
rideglide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley-Davidson Credit Stinks!!!

Just received my third letter from Harley-Davidson credit so I really must rant about what a bunch of idiots they have working there. I financed a used bike from my local Harley dealer this summer. After about a month I get a letter from Harley-Davidson credit telling me I need to go find out why they didn't get the title on the lien. I called my dealer and explained to them that since I paid good money to have them do the documentation, could they please make sure the OTHER harley-davidson people get the title. Sure, no problem. Then the second letter comes, same drill. Now the third letter six months later, same thing. Worst thing about it is every time I try and explain to either the dealer or the Harley-Davidson credit people that they are doing a great job pissing their customers off instead of talking among themselves about how to handle the problem, they just don't get it. Well, gee we have to send you a letter and ask you to do our job because... Last time I deal with these fools. Moral to this story...avoid doing business with those Harley-Davidson credit turkeys if at all possible!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
CKinAZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley-Davidson Credit Stinks!!!

You could have just gone to the dealer and had them call HDCredit with you....

You are assuming that other ppl are capable of doing their jobs correctly... Sometimes, you gotta treat them like they are little kids and hold their hands......

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Ive seen the same problem with GMAC so I do feel your pain.It seems that now the companies more or less rent thier name to drum up buisness.GMAC used to have a interest in GM cars but I dont think that is the case now and days.They are a totally seperate entity.It seems perhaps HD credit is in the same boat.
Remember when you DO finally get someone on the line,get thier names and extentions so you have some sort of proof that the call was made.It may save you some heartache in the long run bro.
Good luck with your problem.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

you ain't the only one!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
rideglide
Novice

Man, good comment about holding their hands. That's what I've been doing, but I think it will work better if I can get em by the scruff of the neck. This last time when I called Harley-Davidson credit the girl on the other end pulled me up on the computer and said "oh yes, we have a big note here not to send you any more letters." Gee, now I can be sure they won't bother me again -- assuming anyone reads the note in the computer.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Bluerose

They should be handling the title is issue not you. Had something similar happen after I bought a car....they had it fixed within a few days.

Yeah eaglemark doesn't seem to be the brightest bunch.

I accidently forgot to pay my first payment. I put all the information thier into my electronic bill pay and forgot to setup the actual payment.

The day after it was due they called me. Now, I'm OK with it because I'm glad they told me before just charging me lots of extra $$ for a late payment. It was my first payment after all. I swallowed the payment over the phone fee of $12....it was my fault after all. I always pay 15 days in advance ths was just a fluke.

The very next day I got a call saying my payment was 2 days late! Duh!

This will get old quick. I got a good rate but if my credit union gets the interest rate to that point I might just move the loan.

By the way, I have never had a creditor call me the day after the payment was due.Make you think they don't trust you. Most wait a few days see if they can charge you a late fee then contact you. The US mail has not gotten any better. I'm not paying them $6 to $12 every payment to pay them any other way. Seriously even my not so up-to-date credit union has an online payment system for managing your loans.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like a real mess....

But as far as I'm concerned, credit of any type 'stinks'....

Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wierd the dealer has to send it. In Missouri when you get it registered and get the tags the DMV would send a new copy of the title with all the new lien information on it to the lien holder Eagle Credit or others.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

Financed the Nightster through HD. First joint I've seen that wants to charge a fee to pay online. I save them money by them not having to hire an envelope opener/manual computer entry person, and then I gotta pay 'em? Takes me about 2 minutes to pay other bills online, so 60 minutes divided by 2 minutes = 30, and 30 times $12 = $360/hr to pay online. They are complete idiots.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior

I rode my bike home in Dec. 04 and did not make any payments until July of 06!

This was all my dealers fault! man they must have some real winners working in theses Finace offices!

Then my dealer had the ***** to call me and demand all the back payments to make the account current! I told them to come and get the bike! after a months worth of didiling they finail ponyed up!

I did make one attempt to call them 90 days in after the purchase, and they said well handle it right away! Yeah right!

I just could not figure out how they thought this was MY fault!

HD credit has been OK with me, but now Im on their auto pay, so they just take there money when its due.

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson Credit Stinks!!!