General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
DynaDan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12

Alright everyone,

I am trying to get the ball rolling for our 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally/Meet & Greet. This will be the same time as the Gettysburg Bike Week, July 10-12. I have blocked off 40 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn right in Gettysburg. This is the same hotel we were at last year.

The rate for the hotel will be $132 plus tax per night. I know some people felt this was a little high last year, but honestly I could not find anything cheaper for a big group. I will say this though, The hotel is very nice and the location is great. There is a grocery store right behind it and a package store right in front of it so you can get beer. There is a gas station next door and a McDonalds right across the street for breakfast. It is about a mile from Battlefield Harley and about 5 miles from the Eisenhower complex where all the vendors are.

The hotel also has a restaurant and an indoor pool, and they are giving us a hospitality room free of charge for all three nights. We had a great time last year an I hope we can get even more people together this year. I would like to get a group ride on Sat, and maybe a group tour of the York plant too.

I am just getting this started, so if anyone wants to help let me know. I will post more info as it develops. I just wanted to let everyone know to start making plans and saving your pennies.

You can make your resevations now, just tell them you are with the HDFORUM group to get the discounted rate. Here is the link to the hotel:

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi...tyhocn=MDTGHGI

When you make your reservations, let me know so I can keep track of how many rooms we have left.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Dan

UPDATE: York Harley Plant tour, Friday, July 11, 10:00

I got a reservation for a group tour of the York Plant. This plant makes the Softails and Touring bikes. The tour time is 10:00 Friday 11 July. I was told that the tour will be limited because they will be in the middle of new model production and this is just prior to the public release of the '09s. I think it will still be a good day trip since York is only a short ride from Gettysburg. So, Hey, Why not, right? The tour is limited to 18 people so I will save spots on a first come first served basis. PM me if you are interested in the tour.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12

Dan,
I won't be needing a room as I live only about an hour and a half away so will be riding in for the show. I would like to attend one of the get togethers so please kee me informed of the schedule, thanks.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Talked to the wife about it tonite and she was actually interested in going. (this is a first for her, she's not much into the bike thing...).

I was going to go for at least a day, but this sounds like a good way for us to get away from work and the kids for a few days.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Man they really gouge on prices for Bike Week. I made my reservation for the Hilton Garden on my own at the end of July and paid $89 a night.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:34 PM
DynaDan
Tourer

Yeah Monster,

Every place I looked at was well over $100 a night. The sales manager claimed that their standard summer rate is $150. She said they don't change the rate for Bike week, it is just in the middle of tourist season. Believe me, I would love to find something cheaper, I even gave her the hard sell to try to get her to come down more, but no luck. I talked to Punisher and I think he ran into the same thing last year. I really hope it doesn't keep too many people away. I'm just saving my pennies now.

So you are going to be there later in the month? Does that mean you guys aren't going to make it for the rally?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 PM
scarnay
Road Master

I'm saving my pennies too.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: DynaDan

So you are going to be there later in the month? Does that mean you guys aren't going to make it for the rally?

No that is for the rally. Our reservation is 7/11 - 7/13. I just made my reservations on my own last summer. I don't know if we are gonna make it for as many days as we thought due to vacation time being used elswhere. I'm keeping the room up until I know for sure. If nothing else we will be coming up for the day on Saturday.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
DynaDan
Tourer

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call them back on Monday.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:50 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Wife already told me she wants to drive, which works out for me, no needing to pack my bike full of gear. My neighbors are interested as well, but the room rate might be a little steep for them. You can count me and the wife in for sure though.

How many folks attended last year?

Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We had a blast last year but unfortunately won't be able to make it this year. The Hilton Garden is a very nice hotel in a great location. The meeting room itself was a great thing...a place for everyone to meet & hang out and they provided a marker board so we could post up meeting times, etc.

You all have fun!

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12