General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slimey Crud Run - Leland, WI

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
barkster99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slimey Crud Run - Leland, WI

Considering a ride to Leland, WI Sunday for Slimey Crud Run (about 200 mi. for me). Anyone been there? Any comments? Hear it's a good time. (Aren't they all???)

Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,788 Likes on 6,213 Posts
Default RE: Slimey Crud Run - Leland, WI

Actually, I was thinking of going to the Bloody Lake Rendevous.

Where is Leland? I already know where most of the slimy crud is.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Redcat
Intermediate

Shhhh...don't tell anyone about it. It'sNOT the usual rally type thing. It is a good time, but there is not much happening except people and skooter watching. Quite a few vintage and classic bikes, Beemers, Wingers and of course Harleys and metric cruisers. The sport bike squids show up and do wheelies and stoopid kid tricks for the crowd and of course there always has to be some bad-*** Harley dude who needs to burn a tire or two.There are no sponsors and no vendors, no t-shirts and no pins, no cops and no attitudes. You can get a cold one at one or another of the two taverns in town and you can get a semi-cooked brat from one of thelocal community groups if you get there early enough.
BTW...where are you riding from and how did you hear about it?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:01 PM
barkster99
Tourer

Starting in Port Byron, IL (Quad Cities). A guy I ride with told me about it. He's been before - but not this year. Don't know how he learned of it. Sounds about perfect to me. Great excuse to ride up through SW WI. Pretty, pretty country with lots of great blacktop.

Forecast to benear 60but maybe some sun. Will make for a chilly start (8:00?) but at least no rain.

I will have a beer and a brat for you. That's kind of a WI requirement, isn't it?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

I think it started with Peter Egan the columnist.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Redcat
Intermediate

Jrsess is correct, the thing started out with Egan and some of his MadTown buddies that are into old bikes and sports cars (mostly old Brit stuff) and it's grown from there.
You can get the brat at a makeshift stand out by the river and a beer in the tavern that used to be a general store back in the day...you can even buy firearms at the tavern if you want to hang around for the waiting period to pick 'em up.
Have a good ride, I'll be looking for you. I'll be the old fart riding a black bagger...ya can't miss me.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
barkster99
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Redcat
I'll be the old fart riding a black bagger...ya can't miss me.
Cool. I'll be the old fart on the blue bagger - with IL plate (if they don't catch me at border and make me turn back). If you find me, the beer's on me.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wont be there ,, so dont look for me!!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Hardcore21
Advanced

How long has this been going on, I have lived near lelend all my life and never heard about it lol. I can't believe they go to Leland lol

Old 05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Ionvex
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Redcat

Shhhh...don't tell anyone about it. It'sNOT the usual rally type thing. It is a good time, but there is not much happening except people and skooter watching. Quite a few vintage and classic bikes, Beemers, Wingers and of course Harleys and metric cruisers. The sport bike squids show up and do wheelies and stoopid kid tricks for the crowd and of course there always has to be some bad-*** Harley dude who needs to burn a tire or two.There are no sponsors and no vendors, no t-shirts and no pins, no cops and no attitudes. You can get a cold one at one or another of the two taverns in town and you can get a semi-cooked brat from one of thelocal community groups if you get there early enough.
BTW...where are you riding from and how did you hear about it?
NO COPS?????? I rode County C from Spring Green to the Badger Ammunition Plant and must have passed 10 Sauk County Sheriff's heading toward Leland.

Quick Reply: Slimey Crud Run - Leland, WI