General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Langlitz?

I changed sizes over the winter. Now my riding jacket feels like a parachute. (It's a Schott #641 steerhide. Great frickin' jacket, when it fits. I'll be posting it in the classifieds soon. Or PM me now. Men's 46.)

Anyone have any experience with Langlitz out of Portland? Not cheap, but good leathers never are...and they're not really that much more than their competitors yet are full custom. And they buy their own jackets back if you change size (again)! Sounds like a good deal to me.

Who actually owns one? Whaddya think?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:49 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Langlitz?

Oh Boy Here we Go Again

Lanlitz are the best. And great people to deal with.

Both my and my wifes are Goat skin. Quality second to none. They are some of the most functional gear you can buy. Period. Heavy stiching, quality zippers and top notch hides. They are leathers that where designed and made by riders. They won't sell you something you don't need or something they won't stand behind. If you have a chance to go to their shop its a blast(Don't be in a hurry because they are thorough). Suprisingly I did my wifes mail orderand it worked out perfect.But the first time you put you stuff on you will understand my comments---They fit.
I have a Cascade and Columbia with the pads, leather lined hand pockets(I carry lots of keys)sleeve pocket(perfect HD Key Fob)and gun pocket(perfect for cell). My wife has a Cacade with tassles and extra pocket sleeve pocket.

Lanltiz makes leather pants instead of Chaps. They are functional. On ladies without rear pockets look and fit great.

A couple cool things, they are unique in that you are not a walkingHD bill board.But peopleknow what they are(All over the world for that matter). And one of the few things over many years holds its value.

So obviously you can tell I am a happy customer.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone got a link ?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.langlitz.com/

Over the years I've looked at a lot of cutom tailored leathers, and the two top ones I have found are Langlitz and Bates. Yes they are expensive, but they are tailored to fit you body and they will last longer than your bike. The only reason I went with Bates over Langlitz is that Bates is closer to where I live, and I was able to go down for apersonal fitting. I got my first Bates jacket back in 1991. Last year I treated myself to another Bates Jacket. There is nothing wrong with the first one, I just wanted a different look.There is nothing in the world like tailor made leathers. Now a less expensive alternative for good quality is FoxCreek Leathers.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, John/Leicafish.

I did search before posting and found a lot of threads like "my Fox Creek is better than your Schott which is better than your Langlitz..." I recognize that there are a lot of quality brands out there. I just wanted to hear about Langlitz from an owner, the purchasing/fitting process, the after-sale care, etc. I appreciate your response.

Paniolo, Bates is on the short list, too, and I appreciate your testimonial on custom-made leather. My Schott is certainly high quality, but even when it fit, it didn't fit me perfectly. As I see it, there's one way to get a perfect fit. You're right. I do make it over to Portland fairly regularly, which is why I'm thinking of Langlitz.

I appreciate the feedback from you both.

Cheers, gents

Old 05-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Langlitz are great leathers and hold up well.They also repair damaged areas if you go down(at a price )I rode to Portland and got fitted-turned out great.Had Bates fitted leathers back in 77 and they held up good but I do think Langlitz are a little better quality

Old 05-04-2008, 05:37 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts

Don't overlook Vanson

Old 05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
jayc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for the goatskin. It's a few dollars more than the cowhide, but is much more comfortable. I had'em for about 11 years, and they were still in mint condition.