General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Online Payment - Careful

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
phattey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Payment - Careful

Careful if any of you used the HD.Com payment tool yesterday. The app was down and during my one time payment, the application grabbed money from my bank account, yet failed to post it to my Harley credit account. Thus my money is in limbo, with HD, Direct Pay, and Chase denying they did anything.

BAC is working it for me, but be aware...that is one crappy lack of customer support process to pay using the Chase/Direct Pay system.

I may be a minority on this situation, but still wanted to share.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be very careful. I made my first loan payment that way and got dinged for a "convenience fee", which they don't tell you up front. Easier to set up weekly, monthly, whatever auto payments from your checking account, no fees and you know they get paid. No late charges to hassle with. Convenience fee my a$$, that's why the loan gets paid off way early.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser

I dont use it, they charge a fee

Old 03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

please pay me so i can charge you extra for paying me????????????????????

Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You have proof of the payment and all that, right?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DGlide04
Be very careful. I made my first loan payment that way and got dinged for a "convenience fee", which they don't tell you up front. Easier to set up weekly, monthly, whatever auto payments from your checking account, no fees and you know they get paid. No late charges to hassle with. Convenience fee my a$$, that's why the loan gets paid off way early.
I have to agree with DGlide here with the autopayments. I set mine up for my first payment and don't have to do anything than make sure there is money in my checking account. They only charge you if you do the single payments because they want you to set up autopay, which is free of any fees.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 PM
frankjake
Road Master

why in the world would you pay an additional fee to make a payment? Are you aware they charge you $6.00 just to make an online payment. And if you want to make a payment the day BEFORE it's due, they will charge you even more?

Send them a fricken check, it's only going to cost YOU 43 cents for the stamp but it's going to cost them even more becasue they have to pay some moron to open the envelope and process your payment by hand.

No wonder they are going broke. Trying to charge people to make a payment? PLEASE don't tell me a lot of you do this.

With the average bike loan being 6 years or 72 payments, paying $6 per payment, it's going to cost you an extra $432 to use the online payment option. That is just stupid for anyone to pay that.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by DGlide04
yes they do tell you there is going to be a few before you authorize the payment.

As for the auto pay... just make sure you check it each month. I mean make sure you check to see the payment was taken out of your checking account.

A buddy started out with the auto pay option, yes he would have the $6 fee each month. But for some reason, they just stopped taking out the payment and he didn't realize it. He started getting calls asking why he hadn't made his payment. Not sure of all the details but they told him they didn't know why it stopped. He ended up paying late fees for the 2 months they did not take out the payment. He now mails a check like I do.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Cookiemuncher
Advanced

frankjake hit the nail on the head!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD is the only loan company I've ever dealt with that doesn't have the auto-debit from your account. And they wouldn't set it up with my bank so I could pay it online, so I ended up refinancing through my bank. Saved about 6% interest, and no stamps

Quick Reply: Online Payment - Careful