General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta tell you about this Dealer(Long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 AM
boneman171
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta tell you about this Dealer(Long)

I know there is a Thread about Dealers and Stealers but I wanted to post this one seperate. I am new to the Harley World and Have heard that you really have to watch some dealers. I bought my 05 Road Glide with 9,500 miles on it used from a individual so I decided to take it to a dealer and have them do the 10,000 service on it I normally do all my own work but since I did not have the manuals and I wanted them to check out the bike from front to rear.I live north of Nashville Tennessee about a hour from Bowling Green Ky so I decided to call Bowling Green Harley Davidson. I spoke to Allen the service Manager and he was very nice he said he had a tech that lived in Springfield Tn close to me and that he could take the delivery truck home and pick my bike up at my house. and that I would need to be able to pick it up they offer that service only one way. So he got the bike on a Wenesday and on Friday he called me and said it was done but they had found that the Valve seals were leaking he said that Harley was aware of the problem in the 05 models but unless it was under Waranty or you had the extended warranty I would have to pay for the repair and he quoted me $450.00 I ask him if it would be ok to ride this season and have it fixed in the off season and that would also give me time to get the extra money together. He said he thought it would just keep a check on the oil and plugs. Them he said since it was raining that day he would have his Tech bring it back to my house.He said that he would Call Harley and see if they would pitch in any money to help with the cost of repair and get back to me. Well a week went by and no call from Allen so I called him and he applogized and said that he had forgotten to call Harley said he would call right now and call me back. A few min later my cell rang and it was Allen he said that he had called Harley and he was going to give some of the credit to Harley and some to the dealership. He said that Harley gives ceartin Dealerships some leway to make judgement calls on if they think a problem like this should be Warranitied or not and he felt that this case should so He made my weekend by saying that the cost of the repair would be a big fat GOOSE EGG that's right $0.00 out of my pocket and offered to have the bike picked up for me again. I told him No that I wanted to ride up and meet him and shake his hand. So tommorow I will be taking a day off from work and heading up there. I told him that I would tell folks about the great service that he has given me so if any of you fine folks are looking for a good dealer in the KY, Northern TN area I would deffently recommend Bowling Green Harley Davidson. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to tell the full story

Ride Safe and God Bless

Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 AM
KCBLACKSHEEP
Intermediate
Default Dealer

Well I bet he now has a Customer for LIFE ! Glad things worked out for ya!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats how customer service should work. Its unfortunate taht so many don't experience this type of thing with thier Dealers. Many dealers drive thier customers away due to the lack of customer service. Who taught them bussiness manegement?

Congrats on finding one of the good ones.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a fine story. It's good to know there are some people who really "get it" when it comes to customer service....

Shakey

Old 03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! As you see by the few responses, only bad news gets passed along.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM
oldmanwayne
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

wow! It's rare to hear good things about dealers- Way to Go!!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Good deal, I'll have to swing by there on my next trip north.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I love hearing about dealers, good and bad. It's too cool when you find a good one near you. My favorite dealer does all the police bikes in the area and so far I have nothing but praise for them.
Let me plug them one more time: HIGH COUNTRY H.D., in Dacono, Co.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Rockindaddy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to hear a nice story about an HD dealership after hearing so many bad ones. I've had pretty good luck with the service department at Thunderbird Harley here in Albuquerque as well.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 AM
69z28
Road Warrior

Believe me not all would do that,they've got a good service mngr and it's good to hear some positive info on a dealer for a change.

Quick Reply: Gotta tell you about this Dealer(Long)