General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Organized rides

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 08:49 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Organized rides

I don't know why I do them. I hate riding with people who don't know what they are doing.

Just got back from a charity 100 mile ride with 275 bikes. I never saw more dumb asses on motorcycles in my life. Riding in staggered formation, I had dorks on my back axle, dorks zigging and zagging between riders. A guy next to me locked up his rear brake and then passed me on the INSIDE during a right hand bend in the road. Good thing for him I can cut a sharp corner and hug the double yellow line. If I was a rider like him, we would both be in the hospital right now.

Never again.[:@]

Old 07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Organized rides

That's why I generally avoid people. Sorry to hear that it sucked.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:19 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the sort of think that ruins a good ride for those that ride civilized. As Rodney Daingerfield said, "Can't get no respect"

Old 07-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am careful who I ride with. I have a few people that I could ride handlebar to handlebar with, but that number is small.
Most of the people in our WOF chapter ride pretty good. Seems that the lady riders are actually some of the best.
I understand what youre saying. The benefit ride that I organized had its share of not so good riders also.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
raftgyde
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBBOOKS

I don't know why I do them. I hate riding with people who don't know what they are doing.

Just got back from a charity 100 mile ride with 275 bikes. I never saw more dumb asses on motorcycles in my life.

Never again.[:@]
It wasn't a ride. It was a D.A.V.E. Dumb *** Viewing Extravaganza!

I do know what you mean though. When I get in one of those, about a dozen of us that ride together all the time try to line up together. Minimizes exposures to the D.A.V.E.s.

Never say never.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do the annual Ride for Kids in Phoenix and I am really on my guard for idiots. That's the only group riding I get involved in. The rest of the time I ride solo.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Islander
Tourer

Agree with Zombie. I'd just as soon ride lone than with other ppl. The majority of riders here zig, weave, showboat, and basically make the ride unenjoyable and unsafe.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6723/7EBE527E9DFE44C3A7C4A8745B1FBCA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2006, 10:55 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Now you see why I have spent so much time riding by myself, I don't like having to worry about what the other person is doing. I do know a couple of people around here that want to ride, but I will be careful when I do. It's no fun when goofballs want to ride and don't know how to behave themselves when riding with a group.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:32 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with all of you. The best part of the day was leaving with my long term riding partner, basically alone, handle bar to handle bar. It was the first time all day I could relax and enjoy the ride.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:42 PM
HD4ME
Cruiser

Last organized ride my wife and I were in had the same issues. Sad thing is that it was an awareness ride.

Quick Reply: Organized rides