General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wife hates bikes..............

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My first Harley was a 91' Springer that I bought new 2 weeks after graduating high school. I met my wife in 94'. She never would even sit on it and used to tell me I just needed to sell it. So in 01' I sold it and never stopped hating myself for doing so. So against my wife's better interest, last July while she was shopping I went and did a little shopping of my own without her knowing (easier to get forgiveness than approval). When she came home and the SB was sitting in the drive she didn't talk to me for 2 weeks. I finally told her that the bike wasn't going anywhere so she needed to get used to it. She has sat on it but still says she will never ride on it. She has friends that have told me that if she doesn't want to go riding just let them know and they will surely go, but that sounds like a recipe for divorce court.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really lucky... my wife loves to ride. She rides her own V-Star 1100 Classic sometimes, and at other times she rides on the back of mine. Either way is fine with me.. just so we ride!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine too[ hates bikes] , so, i live with it.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Big Rol
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife said if you get one I get one, I called her bluff and bought her a cute little cm450 custom. if she likes it and takes the course I'll be using my accessory $$$ for another harley. Maybe you're lucky if the wife don't ride

Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm also really lucky...my wife doesn't care for my bike and will most likely never get on it.

I like to ride by myself. It's my time to get away from it all.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

mine didn't hate them just felt she didn't want to ride much when the kids were home... now empty nester's she love it as much or more than I do.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine loves to ride (hers, or on the back of mine)...guess I ought to appreciate my situation more. I tell you, if I was single, and met a potential mate that hated bikes, then the choice would be clear....the bike would stay. Lifes' too short to put up with that kind of BS.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
magnum629c
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krusty1
Mine loves to ride (hers, or on the back of mine)...guess I ought to appreciate my situation more. I tell you, if I was single, and met a potential mate that hated bikes, then the choice would be clear....the bike would stay. Lifes' too short to put up with that kind of BS.

mines slow..but coming around to bad its winter

Old 01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine wasn't too hot on the bike idea either for many years after my son was born. After my 16 yo son had a post-op stroke (2004) it changed all of our perspectives on life. In August of 08 she gave me the green light on a new bike. She said she wouldn't ride on it but knew I wanted & deserved it so gave me her blessing.
The very next day she says "lets go for a ride". I say where? She says to buy me some chaps! Since then, whenever it's warm, she wants to ride! Everything ended up turning out great! Problem now is we still live in the Pacific NW & it's January! Summer doesn't start around here until the 5th of July typically.....Gonna be a long winter!

Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 AM
lilsahara450r
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine loves to ride with me, but hates the amount of time i spend in the garage tinkering with it and how much i spend on it.. just gotta tell her "at least im spending it on this and not at the liquor store or on dope" and that usually changes her mood

Quick Reply: my wife hates bikes..............