General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:27 PM
sixareborn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson Exhaust

Just looking at any info on Samson pipes, Im looking at the BG3 Rip Saws for my Sporty, I dont seem to see a lot of riders with Samson so just wondering if they are good pipes...

Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM
cmiamt2009
Advanced

I have had Samson pipes (Street Sweepers) on my FXST since I bought it in 2003 and have never thought about replacing them. I like the sound it produces (Loud & throaty). I recently had mine ceramic coated and they still sound sweet! If you want brilliant chrome Samsons is known to have the best quality chroming done to their exhaust systems.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I ran Samsons on my ride for about two years without issue. I changed them as the "changing exhaust" bug got me again, but they were great pipes. I can get you a deep discount if you are interested. Let me know.

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 02-10-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

I want to change my pipes to the same style as on the Captain America bike but I hear they are no longer made..instead there are the modern upswept fishtails which are not the same....guess I have to find a company that will make me a set of pipes..the exact kind I'm looking for....anyone have any ideas as to who?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 631 Posts

I've had these on fur 9 years Luv-um,, Street Sweepers Chopped
original Big Guns... had to get the rear Pipe Welded a couple of months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzM-5QR0S8

Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I want to change my pipes to the same style as on the Captain America bike but I hear they are no longer made..instead there are the modern upswept fishtails which are not the same....guess I have to find a company that will make me a set of pipes..the exact kind I'm looking for....anyone have any ideas as to who?
Do you want them with or without baffles? What is it that is different about the newer and older ones? I am curious myself. I would find it ahrd to believe that you cannot easy rider style fishtails today after the fame that the Capt. America bike has known.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I found a set of those Samson Uupswept in Canada for you on ebay. They are not made anymore so I would grab these. Great price too. These are not being sold by me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMSO...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Do you want them with or without baffles? What is it that is different about the newer and older ones? I am curious myself. I would find it ahrd to believe that you cannot easy rider style fishtails today after the fame that the Capt. America bike has known.
without baffles prefferably.....I saw the ones you linked to on ebay..those are the same ones I can get now from Paughco and Samson...but those ones don't have as radical an upsweep as the capt. america does. if you take that pic and put it side by side with one of the capt. america you will see the difference. someone told me I'd have to get them specially made......but there has to be some place out there I can still buy them.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I understand now. It would look way better if they were angled more towards the sky and a bit longer too.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I understand now. It would look way better if they were angled more towards the sky and a bit longer too.
exactly........sorry to the OP for this hijack....back to your question about Samsons. I can't speak from personal experience but people I know who have samsons really like them..and they do seem to hold their show quality chrome for longer than others. Vance N Hines would be another really good brand to go with.

Quick Reply: Samson Exhaust