General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control for a Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise Control for a Fatbob

Friend of mine wants to put cruise control on his 2009 Fatbob. We talked to the dealer yesterday and he said that you can't buy cruise control from HD for a Fatbob. Not sure if you can buy cruise control for any Harley from the dealers.

Anyone know of a company that has a cruise control set-up for Harley's? Probably one of those things where it is cheaper to trade in the bike for a Harley that already has it than go through the expense of an aftermarket unit (if their is such a thing).

Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny, I was just yesterday talking to my local dealer about just that, an electronic cruise control for the Fat Bob. No joy on that one from HD anyhow.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
loady130
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw a post in the Dyna forum about a guy that made a cruise control work. I think it it was a FB, but have a had a couple of beers since I read it. Me, I'll just stick with the thumb screw throttle lock.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:54 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Default Cruise control

If you can get an issue of American Iron Magazine, any issue. In the back there is a company that claims to have a cruise control system for HD's softails and others. Don't know anything about them, just remember seeing their ad. If you can't get hold of an issue pm me I may have one still laying around.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Default Cruise Control

Thanks for the replies. Fishcop - I subscribe to AI so will look for the information. Found it on page 166 of AI August 2010 edition. Problem is they offer no cruise control for Dyna's, Softails, Road Kings and Electra Glides only.

Last edited by snakeinthegrass; 06-25-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Peter Black
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A few months ago i helped my brother install cruise on his 06 road king and thought how cool it would be if i had it on my bob so i have been comparing the wiring diagram of both are bikes trying to figure out how it hooks into the road king and how it can be adapted to the street bob. why hd don't make one for our bikes is beyond me

Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default they have one

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
Thanks for the replies. Fishcop - I subscribe to AI so will look for the information. Found it on page 166 of AI August 2010 edition. Problem is they offer no cruise control for Dyna's, Softails, Road Kings and Electra Glides only.
You ignored loady--there already is a HD cruise which will work on a Dyna. Search for the other thread; it even provides the part number.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Sleddawg
2nd Gear

Check cruisemount.com. I've have a Harley factory cruise from a road king on my '03 Fatboy for 4 years now. Administrator: sorry if I violated a policy posting a company that may not advertise on HDF.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 PM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at Customizedcycles.com I bought one from them last fall. Very nice.

Paul in Colorado

Old 01-13-2012, 01:12 AM
VFWmcPapiJones21
6th Gear

Originally Posted by lo-rider
You ignored loady--there already is a HD cruise which will work on a Dyna. Search for the other thread; it even provides the part number.
do you know what thread it is? loady?

Quick Reply: Cruise Control for a Fatbob