General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have praised Dennis Kirk,but now buyer BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Default I have praised Dennis Kirk,but now buyer BEWARE!

I have always been the first guy on here to praise DK for their prices and return policy. Now that is all over,after how they treat people no more! To start off,I purchased a fork bag,airbox,and pipes for my OL Sportster. The bag only had 1 strap,not 3 in the package,and the airbox was supposed to fit with the factory AC cover as stated in their catalog. After calling their customer service we were told if we returned the bag,they would replace it,but we would be out the $9 surcharge for returning it,keep in mind it only cost $19 to begin with. Also we were informed that online it clearly states the air box would NOT fit with the stock AC cover,but remember the catalog says it WOULD fit,she blamed us for not looking online!

So flash forward to today,I get a WindVest windshield that was packaged bent in a box. I pull it out and it placed it up to my bike and the shield was so bent from bad packaging that it wouldn't even line up. I put it back into the box and shoved and bent it just like it was stuffed to me. I get a call saying they see where I mounted it???,and they will return my money minus a 10% fee,because of the shape of the shield! Are you kidding me,you send me a bent warped shield,and don't want to return my money. I will never go back to them,and I have been a loyal customer for years,but no more. So everyone out there just beware of them. I also found out that after you return something,they put it right back on the shelf to sell as "brand new". No wonder her bag didn't have the straps,the guy took them out,and then returned it.

With here bike parts I should have known,but I thought I would give them a second chance. They have been so good to me in the past,but I have found out how they treat loyal customers like me,if there is a problem.So if you are thinking about buying from them,you better think twice.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've bought a couple of items from DK and have had no problem, but I will keep this post in mind.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks. A lot of online vendors have some stupid *** return policies. Restocking fees are one of my pet peeves, I just never understood them. I've ordered from DK once and had no issues, sorry you had problems.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,480 Likes on 2,478 Posts

I never buy anything online for that reason. Seen too many people get screwed. Usually not intentional, but with the economy getting worse, everybody is looking to screw everybody. Nobody wants to stand behind anything anymore. If a dealer or indy doesn't have something I want, I have THEM order it, then I can see it when it comes in & reject it if there's a problem. Restocking fees are just another hand in your pocket & they should ONLY be paid if you change your mind about the item,not if they send you the wrong item.

Any way you can stop the charge on the credit card?

BTW what did you mean by "airbox"?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:40 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a headlight from them and it will be here tomorrow.

It sounds like your shield was stuffed in the a box too small from your description, or was the shipping box damaged. Sometimes its hard to tell if the packag/items were damaged in transit or was just packaged incorrectly thus causing the damage. I hate having to deal with damaged shipments, its always a no win situation...

I AGREE WITH DICKEY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED A RESTOCKING FEE IF THE ITEM IS DAMAGED OR INCORRECT

Last edited by shimmon; 11-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Get a shield from me, and I GUARANTEE you will be happy, AND if you're not, there will be no issues returning your money in FULL. Ours work better anyway!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

And for other parts check us out! We sell everything.

Drew

Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

That's too bad. I just bought a tire from them, best price on the web and fast, free shipping.

I know dealing with C/S can be frustrating but maybe you should try and escalate your complaints up the chain until you get to someone who may have the authority to make you a satisfied customer again.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to here that you had a problem with DK,have had good luck with them for over 20yrs !

Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I never buy anything online for that reason. Seen too many people get screwed. Usually not intentional, but with the economy getting worse, everybody is looking to screw everybody. Nobody wants to stand behind anything anymore. If a dealer or indy doesn't have something I want, I have THEM order it, then I can see it when it comes in & reject it if there's a problem. Restocking fees are just another hand in your pocket & they should ONLY be paid if you change your mind about the item,not if they send you the wrong item.

Any way you can stop the charge on the credit card?

BTW what did you mean by "airbox"?
A stage 1 air filter kit from V&H

Originally Posted by shimmon
I just ordered a headlight from them and it will be here tomorrow.

It sounds like your shield was stuffed in the a box too small from your description, or was the shipping box damaged. Sometimes its hard to tell if the packag/items were damaged in transit or was just packaged incorrectly thus causing the damage. I hate having to deal with damaged shipments, its always a no win situation...

I AGREE WITH DICKEY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED A RESTOCKING FEE IF THE ITEM IS DAMAGED OR INCORRECT
Yeah it sucks,I just can't believe they would send something packaged like that,and then stick me with the bill

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
And for other parts check us out! We sell everything.

Drew

Will do.

Quick Reply: I have praised Dennis Kirk,but now buyer BEWARE!