Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Yeah, that. The VROD will whip the Sportster powered Buell's, and the 1125 Buell will blow the **** out od the VROD.
Sportster powered = 12's
VROD = 11's
1125 Buell 10's
Might want to find out what bikes the OP is talking about...in NHRA drag racing both V-rods and Buells are present...and the V-rods tend to win more often than not. Qualifying results from the Gator Nationals two weeks ago:
Psn Rider Vehicle ET Speed
1. Hector Arana Lucas Oil Buell 6.777$ 196.10
2. Eddie Krawiec Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 6.788 199.26^
3. Andrew Hines Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 6.826 198.73
4. Karen Stoffer Geico Suzuki 6.833 198.00
5. Matt Smith Al-Anabi Racing Buell 6.872 194.32
6. LE Tonglet Nitrofish Suzuki 6.880 196.27
7. Gerald Savoie SAF & Motorcycles Specalities 6.886 193.68
8. Shawn Gann Gann Speed Buell 6.895 189.95
9. David Hope VRoom Racing Buell 6.900 194.07
10. Mike Berry Varoom/ LAT Racing Oil Buell 6.910 192.33
11. Jim Underdahl Suzuki Extended Protection Suz 6.918 196.87
12. Angie Smith Coffman Tank Trucks Buell 6.926 190.59
13. Michael Ray GottSpeed/Star Racing Buell 6.933 187.52
14. Steve Johnson Steve Johnson Racing Suzuki 6.940 194.66
15. Katie Sullivan Sullivan Family Racing Suzuki 6.990 191.97
16. Joe DeSantis Team Joey D Suzuki 7.014 190.97
(W) Eddie Krawiec (Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hine 0.053 6.847 197.08
(L) Karen Stoffer (Geico Suzuki) -0.002(R) 6.949 193.27
So you had one Buell then the only two V-Rods in the whole competition qualify 1, 2, 3. And all a lot faster than 10 seconds.
And if you want to just talk "factory" bikes...then look at the VRXSE Screamin' Eagle Destroyer. That is also under 10 seconds. Granted not a street bike but the OP didn't specify that.
To which I say, OP...just what exactly are you looking for? I'm assuming you're talking for street use. The V-rod is more of a "power cruiser" while the hot Buells are classic Sportbike all the way. Generally, the V-Rod will be more comfortable (note I said "more"...meaning "relative to") than your standard Sportbike seating position but will less capable in the turns and, depending on which Buell you're talking about, slower in straight line acceleration.