General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve stem cap with digital readout?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve stem cap with digital readout?

I am looking for a small pressure guage that can be screwed on and left in place and small enough to go on the rear shock valve on the touring models.

I have found the manual type with the multi colored plunger that just shows a bar of color depending on what "range" the pressure is in. But I am hoping to find something the size of the screw on transmitters for TPMS systems but with the LCD readout built in to the cap.

Is there such a device? I can't find it on the net but hoping maybe someone else has found something that will allow you to glance at the valve to check the rear shock pressure instead of having to put a gauge on it every time.

The only solution I have found so far is to buy a TPMS system for a Trike and use the "third wheel" sensor for the rear shock valve.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,874 Likes on 6,246 Posts

I installed a small "T" right before the Schrader valve, and ran a hard line right into a gauge that was positioned just under the side cover. The Schrader valve still goes where originally mounted. The gauge itself misses the drive belt by about 1/4", and the hard line holds it in place. Been there for 15 years now, and apart from getting dirty sometimes due to it's close proximity to the back wheel, it still works as designed. Oh....and you hafta bend over to look at it, but still easier than manually checking it.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
I installed a small "T" right before the Schrader valve, and ran a hard line right into a gauge that was positioned just under the side cover. The Schrader valve still goes where originally mounted. The gauge itself misses the drive belt by about 1/4", and the hard line holds it in place. Been there for 15 years now, and apart from getting dirty sometimes due to it's close proximity to the back wheel, it still works as designed. Oh....and you hafta bend over to look at it, but still easier than manually checking it.
That is a pretty damn good idea! I did not think about splitting the air line and just adding a gauge!
Thanks!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw an ad in the latest Baggers that had a gauge and a push to test button as well as a Schrader valve. I didn't pay much attention but I sure someome can look it up.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by NoBoldRider
I saw an ad in the latest Baggers that had a gauge and a push to test button as well as a Schrader valve. I didn't pay much attention but I sure someome can look it up.
Do you remember what section? For sale Touring section? Or general Touring section? Or was it a sponsor add you saw?
I am not finding anything like you describe.
Thanks

Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior

You gotta be kidding, right.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigGelvis
Do you remember what section? For sale Touring section? Or general Touring section? Or was it a sponsor add you saw?
I am not finding anything like you describe.
Thanks
The site is WWW.Wheeldock.com

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by NoBoldRider
The site is WWW.Wheeldock.com
That is exactly what I am looking for, THANK YOU!