General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Credit Card?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:06 AM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Credit Card?

I keep getting ads for Harley credit card. Are the Harley cards all the same or are there different offers out there? Not a bad idea to earn "Harley Chrome". Anyone use these cards? Ok?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:37 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

I would assume if used responsibly they could be a good deal, but ya gotta remember it's all about the moco making money. That said the interest and fees will surely outweigh any benefits derived.

I'm sure they could be used to the consumers benefit, but the financial group is betting they won't be. They are more geared to the "instant gratification generation". And surely are seen as a marketing tool and a financial driver.

As Pappy always taught me....."let the buyer beware".

This is just my .02 cents....

Old 08-19-2012, 05:12 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,192 Likes on 2,457 Posts

the credit card is underwritten by usbank. so i don't know how much money the moco is getting, but usbank sure does get a bit.

i have the card. there are a couple of them, i have the signature visa. you get 1 point for every dollar spent. 2 points at gas stations and restaurants, and 3 points at harley dealers. rack up 2500 points and you can get a certificate for 25 bucks. i cant tell you what the interest rate is, i pay mine off every month so i don't worry about it.

i have saved well over a thousand bucks using the chrome cash. use it at one of the online discounters, and realize extra savings, and then get triple points for the balance of the purchase that you had to put on the card. win-win.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:25 AM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a friend that uses his to pay for everything he buys even in his buisiness purchases and pays the balance off every month. He gets alot of chrome cash off what he spends.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 AM
greendragon52
Tourer

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Have been using the card for several years, have the signature series. Found the rewards points useful in that I have purchased various items from the dealer-clothes, parts and payment towards service, with the chrome cash rewards. Basically, for every $2500 you charge you earn $25 in "chrome cash". You earn extra points on certain charges, as was mentioned in a previous post. When you call in to redeem the chrome cash, it usually takes a few weeks for the check to come in. Can only be redeemed at a Harley dealer.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 AM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

we do the same.. We use it for nearly anything we buy and pay it off each month. no interest, no fees.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:29 AM
sterrac
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
we do the same.. We use it for nearly anything we buy and pay it off each month. no interest, no fees.
Same, I made 58 in Harley Chrome Points first month I had it. Just pay it every month.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:41 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It has kept me riding on free tires for a few years now. I pay off the balance weekly so I have never incurred any charges.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 AM
pkvir
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and the girlfriend both have one, pretty good deal.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Same here, I use it for just about everything, and have contemplated using it for more, pay bills, etc... Pay in full so no interest charges. They also run promotions for bonus points, and I sign up for all of those too.

Have gotten well over a thousand in chrome cash which I've used on accessories and service. If you're going to use a credit card, it's a good way to go, and US Bank has been decent to deal with over the years.

Quick Reply: Harley Credit Card?