General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own a set of Langlitz Westerns?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone own a set of Langlitz Westerns?

I have been on the hunt for a set of leather overpants for 2 seasons now and have finally dedicated on Langlitz. Before I order them I wanted some real world feedback from guys/gals who own them. How do they ride? Do they bunch up due to extra layering/material? Are they heavy (want to pull down)? How good are they are blocking wind/adding warmth? Do they restrict movement of legs, or sitting?

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Mr. Root Beer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't own a set of Westerns, but I do own a custom Cascade. Quality is second to none and the fit is perfect. Follow the instructions on how to measure yourself and you'll be fine. From what I have heard, the Westerns fit just like a pair of pants. If you have major questions, just give Langlitz a call, they have a very friendly staff.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can specify leather weight. Take the measurments with the cold weather gear (heated pant liners,etc.) you intend to use.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have them going onto 5 years now. Langlitz quality and fit unsurpassed. All of wifes and I leathers are goatskin. It is worth the extra money. My wife order hers with out the back pockets and jean type front pockets and she loves them. My next pair will be like that.

I just did my Iron Butt a couple weeks ago and when we went throught the hi-desert (a bit of rain-wind and below 30 on the bike) I was very comfortable. Protection from elements is very good. Even in rain. But you have to treat your leathers every year.

You pull down question if kind confusing because what is your anatomical shape. I am 5'4" 142 lbs I have no issues. I would imagine if I were 200 lbs I would need suspenders on any trousers. I have not issues flexion wise and I do not take them off during lunch breaks.

I will tell you when unroll and put them on, you would not believe the looks and comments you will get. ie (great idea, I wish I had those, You sure look comfortable, and those are serious ride clothes).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by leicafish; 11-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leicafish
My wife order hers with out the back pockets and jean type front pockets and she loves them. My next pair will be like that.
So no (zero) back pockets? I was thinking of getting the jean-style back pockets, but sticking with the zipper front pockets. I am assuming that you don't have problems with the material bunching in the front when you sit. I tried on some Fox Creek overpants and when I sat down the material bunched up and left me with a pile of leather folded up on my lap... not very comfortable.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know exactly how Langlitz does it but they cut their jackets and pants in such a way that the Jacket does not puff up or the pants bunch up.

No back pockets is what I am thinking and I am still thinking going back and forth about the front.

FYI My wife us 5 foot 100 lbs and she does not have the bunching issues

Take care

Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had the Langlitz Westerns a couple of years now and they're great, I prefer them to my Gerbing heated overpants. The Gerbings bunch up and are just slightly restrictive so I only use them on the coldest days with lots of hiway riding. The Langlitz are cut very well, comfortable and warm. They cut the wind well and are comfortable. They don't look as good as plain leather pants just walking around but then you wouldn't be wearing those plain leather pants on the bike on a cold day. Like their jackets, their pant fit perfectly when on the bike. Off the bike they're a little long and bunchy at the knee but all that smooths out when you sit on your bike. They're not so heavy that they fall down, they fit too well for that. I suggest getting the back pockets so you have a place for your wallet and I went for the jeans style front pockets without zippers because I like to warm my hands and zippers scratch If I need to secure something in a pocket it goes in my jacket.
I wear my Westerns over my jeans and I've found it best to wear a belt on the jeans with a small buckle, or no belt at all. I transfer what I normally carry in my jeans pockets to my Westerns pockets, bandana, wallet, keys and change.I also pull my jeans fly down just an inch before putting on the leathers so it's easier access when in the restroom on the road.
You can't go wrong with Langlitz so long as you're willing to pay the money.

But you're worth it, right?

Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
The Langlitz are cut very well, comfortable and warm. They cut the wind well and are comfortable... Like their jackets, their pant fit perfectly when on the bike. Off the bike they're a little long and bunchy at the knee but all that smooths out when you sit on your bike. They're not so heavy that they fall down, they fit too well for that. I suggest getting the back pockets so you have a place for your wallet and I went for the jeans style front pockets without zippers because I like to warm my hands and zippers scratch...
I wear my Westerns over my jeans and I've found it best to wear a belt on the jeans with a small buckle, or no belt at all...
Thank you, this is the real-world experience I was looking for!