General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani road rage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
MOSTWANTED
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bassani road rage

Although I have never heard the Bassani Road rage pipes in person, from the very few you tube videos it sounds good and has a nice growl so to speak. They are a nice looking 2>1 system and not seen very often, which is also cool in my book.
So Bassani Road Rage owwners, what do you think of them now? How would you describe the sound. How is it compared to the V&H Pro Pipe?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my rr. Its got a pretty unique "raspy" sound to it, kind of hard to explain but not many pipes sound like it. Thats all good for me, but I got it solely based on the great performance. You wont go deaf cruising around or idling, but when you get on the throttle its not quiet by any stretch of the imagination

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
MOSTWANTED
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Frankenbagger
I love my rr. Its got a pretty unique "raspy" sound to it, kind of hard to explain but not many pipes sound like it. Thats all good for me, but I got it solely based on the great performance. You wont go deaf cruising around or idling, but when you get on the throttle its not quiet by any stretch of the imagination
How laong have you had them? Are you still satisfied with the quality? Which model do you have? and what baffles? And did it come with O2 ports (need 18mm)
Very Nice looking ride Frankenbagger!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Nope...mostly Vance and Hines on my rides. I like the deep low notes and the pop in performance over stock

Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MOSTWANTED
How laong have you had them? Are you still satisfied with the quality? Which model do you have? and what baffles? And did it come with O2 ports (need 18mm)
Very Nice looking ride Frankenbagger!
Ive had this one for almost 3 years on my 1990. Quality is good, its outlasted a couple motors.. I think its got a 2 1/2" baffle if I recall correctly, their "performance" baffle as compared to the "quiet" baffle. The bikes carb'd so no o2 sensors here.

My old man put a RR2 (which came with O2 ports) on his '05 Road Glide with a S&S 111". Same distinct sound, same good quality, a little quieter than mine (I have higher compression which probably makes mine a little louder), same fantastic performance. The only gripe with his RR2 compared to my original RR is that the new one drags in hard right corners a little easier, and I like to use every last bit of my ground clearance...

Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
CB1
Tourer

Buddy has one on his SG w/ 103" engine. I like the looks, but he either removed the baffels or removed the packing around them, don't remember now. Persoanlly I don't like the sound of it, too high and raspy. Sounds like a drag car with strait exhaust to me. Looks nice though. Maybe it would have the lower deep tone if he hadn't messed with the baffle. He likes it though for what that is worth.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I have had the RR for 3 years. Last year switched to the TMAX so am using the O2 sensors. I just changed the baffles from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2. Feels like I lost some torq but the sound is nice. I am building the Fm 107" so think this pipe will be awesome with the Big Bore.