General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of HD Kevlar Denim Jeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:27 PM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of HD Kevlar Denim Jeans

Review of: HD Kevlar Denim Jeans received from HD in Chicago

..annoying HD tag on the inside of belt area, rubs above the jockey shorts. Will remove that.
..advertised as Kevlar Jeans, I envisioned something heavier than this sand color material running one inch below the belt line and extending two inches into the crotch area. Envision the center cut running down the inside and outside of both legs. The sand colored area (covering your butt) is the Kevlar. Believe me it is about thin as a hankie.
..the knee area, starts about ½” aboveknee and extends towards the ankle for about 14”.
..when I purchase wrangler jeans, my size is 36x30 and that is what I ordered. The length is about one inch above the ankle and the waist is snug. Don’t know how one wash will impact the length and or waist.
..pleasant style and feels great on the bod.
..sitting on the bike the crotch area feels tight, maybe due to them being new.
[ol][/ol]
Will call HD in Chicago and exchange for 37x32

Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Review of HD Kevlar Denim Jeans

Thanks for the heads-up.

My local HD shop called me this morning. They just received their shipment of these jeans.

I'll check them out and compare to my pair of Draggin' Jeans and Icons'.

My Draggin' Jeans are Kevlar lined in roughly the same (contact point) places you mention. My Icons' are Aramid lined roughly the same way as well.

Primo

Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
fatboy44
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, I have been wondering about these. I am only about 25 minutes from Chicago HD, I will check them out.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 7,692 Likes on 4,081 Posts

Got a pair too. They seem fine for what they are intended for... there will be a problem though for people who see them as an alternative to the protectiongiven bygood chaps.

Comfy on the bike. Since the waist comes only in multiples of 2", had to get a pair that is 1" bigger than norm for me but that actually made em fit just right! Hmmmm, or am I gaining weight?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Primo

Thanks for the heads-up.

My local HD shop called me this morning. They just received their shipment of these jeans.

I'll check them out and compare to my pair of Draggin' Jeans and Icons'.

My Draggin' Jeans are Kevlar lined in roughly the same (contact point) places you mention. My Icons' are Aramid lined roughly the same way as well.

Primo
please let me know how they compare to the Draggin' Jeans & Icons'

Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

Thanks,I will also check them out.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

Got a pair too. They seem fine for what they are intended for... there will be a problem though for people who see them as an alternative to the protectiongiven bygood chaps.
But if you wore these AND chaps would your skin be covered? Sounds like thats the intent, cause your chaps dont save your "hide". lol I been wantin to say that for months

Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

Comfy on the bike. Since the waist comes only in multiples of 2", had to get a pair that is 1" bigger than norm for me but that actually made em fit just right! Hmmmm, or am I gaining weight?
LOL.. it isn't weight it is Gravity! In my 50’s I was 33x30, now at 63 “gravity” has taken over!

When I take a shower, my ********* now bounce off of my ankles, Mr. P looks more like a turtle protecting his head. Of course the great Pecs are sagging and when I look in the mirror that old fart looking back at me, certainly isn’t me.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 7,692 Likes on 4,081 Posts

Yup, if you wear them both then you can protect the old tush from being ground off flat if you ever crash and go for a nice long ***-draggin liposuction treatment. Ouch!!
ORIGINAL: Unamed

But if you wore these AND chaps would your skin be covered? Sounds like thats the intent, cause your chaps dont save your "hide". lol I been wantin to say that for months

Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Mystic
Cruiser

I have a couple of pair of HooD kevlar jeans. I really like them compaired to the Draggin' Jeans. I have not seen the Harley kevlars. The HooD Jeans have the kevlar from the waistband to just above my ankles. Much more coverage than the Draggin' Jeans. Also the Kevlar is fairly thick. www.hoodjeans.co.uk

Quick Reply: Review of HD Kevlar Denim Jeans