General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Used The Wheel and Tire Coverage Already

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts
Default I Used The Wheel and Tire Coverage Already

I have a 2014 Road King with only 700 miles on it. While getting ready for an afternoon ride I noticed that I picked up a nail in my rear tire. I called the dealer and they said it was covered with the extended warranty contract I purchased that included tire and wheel coverage. I road the bike over there (the tire was holding air) and the replaced the tire. I only had to pay $3 for some government fee. I'm glad I had the coverage. If I was on the road far from the dealer I could have had the bike towed, a hotel and food allowance as part of the deal. It's pretty good insurance should something break down while on a trip. That is all.....

Old 10-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 45,002 Likes on 16,466 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Cruiser
I have a 2014 Road King with only 700 miles on it. While getting ready for an afternoon ride I noticed that I picked up a nail in my rear tire. I called the dealer and they said it was covered with the extended warranty contract I purchased that included tire and wheel coverage. I road the bike over there (the tire was holding air) and the replaced the tire. I only had to pay $3 for some government fee. I'm glad I had the coverage. If I was on the road far from the dealer I could have had the bike towed, a hotel and food allowance as part of the deal. It's pretty good insurance should something break down while on a trip. That is all.....
-------
Good to know. I too got this coverage.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:01 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,867 Likes on 6,240 Posts

Good thing you weren't anywhere near Chuck's Deluxe in Gillette, WY. Guaranteed it would have cost you more than $3. Lots more.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default You Won!

You bet against yourself and won!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 AM
legnd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a recent chance to use my recently purchased extended warranty on a 2012 road glide , had a catastrophic engine failure in Green Rived Wyoming on Saturday labour day long week end, Had a delay with the inspector who was booked for 5 days, the warranty came thru along with some room and board, rental car, part of towing and a engine complete rebuild . very happy with the warranty. The dealer "FLAMING GORGE HD."
was one of the best dealership I have ever dealt with, the service dept. was on top all the time keeping me updated. helpful with getting me to a motel, taxi calls, etc. my bike stayed on the lift all the time we waited for the adjuster- inspector , after we got the ok the teck. never left the job. very pleased, happy man. I will never doubt the extended warranty again, it will be the first thing I do after purchase. plus I would recommend Flaming gorge HD. they treated me fine!!

Last edited by legnd; 10-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously that was a dealership at the right corner of Wyoming. Good to know about Flaming Gorge Harley. The OP didn't get the Deluxe Service.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STILL on the Deluxe issue? Even in THIS thread? Flame away................

I also had reason to use my extended warranty. I was pleasantly surprised on my trip to Santa Fe and the Grand Canyon. Two thumbs up to Santa Fe HD.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Good thing you weren't anywhere near Chuck's Deluxe in Gillette, WY. Guaranteed it would have cost you more than $3. Lots more.
I bet the outcome would of been the same and I would of gotten the tire changed at Chuck's dealership too. The HD extended warranty is the same at any dealership. The dealership's get paid for the service rendered, but by the Moco rather than me. So Chuck would have gotten his money on the deal.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder if Deluxe HD would have changed both tires under warranty. If they hold to their reasoning, then they should. I also wonder if HD would allow it under the warranty. I'm just wondering about a lot of **** today. Just wondering.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

I'm not sure how Deluxe would of handled it, but with the extended warranty you get and identification card. On the back of that card is a phone number for the service center. If you break down you call that number and then they arrange everything so likely Deluxe HD would have to go along with whatever the Moco Service Center told them to do.

Quick Reply: I Used The Wheel and Tire Coverage Already