General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

September Weather in Nova Scotia???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
Default September Weather in Nova Scotia???

I'm planning a trip up to Prince Edwards Island/Nova Scotia this year and I'm wondering what the weather up there is like in early September. I plan to leave western ny during the labor day weekend and will be gone for the next 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what to expect for temperature or general weather?

Thanx.

Pied

Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 AM
sprty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great time of year to ride in the Maritimes. You're looking at 70 to 80 degree weather.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 AM
CAFletch
Stage II

Probably the best time of year for riding. Still hot in the day but cools off a bit at night. Not usually to much humidity then. Leave are starting to change and the bugs are gone! Generally mid to high 20s in the day and gets down to mid teens at night (Celsius that is). Hope you make it. There are some pretty nice sight up here.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

The weather there should be similar to northern New England. Nice & warm (60s-70s) sunny days and pretty cool nights. I've found that usually in Aug and Sept, there isn't much rain. Very pretty country up there. People are very friendly. Last time I was in Halifax, which was in the 1990s, there was a lot of entertainment, restaurants and bars.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain

Thanx Folks. Sounds delightful. Your making my heart go pitter patter. any must see's I should know about?

Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the economy and lack of tourisim has kileld ALOT of local business's so there isnt as much otuside of halifax as there once was. 60% of the commercial space on main street here in town is vacent and boarded up. asfor weather sept isa good time temps on sunyn days average around 20-25ºc at they dip down to around 15ºc dawn and dusk are bad for fog on any coastal stretch *in the valley isnt to bad* fuel is MASSIVLY OVER PRICED/taxed is is smokes and booze. as atourist you'll be treated exceptionally well by business's and residents even in the small towns. the halifax waterfront is definitly a place to visit while your there grab a beavertail * its a dessert thing thats served at the water front you dirty minded buggers* and visit signal hill or meander aroudn the wharf admirign the tall ships. and while your up here give me a shout and if you have the tiem will hook up for a coffee. first week of sept/last of augest is the wharf rat rally a huge thing here i nthe maritiems. Member Hollowpoint came up for it last year and we met up for a coffee

Last edited by NSCoyote; 02-24-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:20 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Nova Scotia is one of those places where they invented the saying "if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes"
i've started out on an amazing sunny cloudless day , had it cloud up and start to rain , pulled over to put the rain suit on and as i pull away it stops and the sun comes out . try planing for that

Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain

Thanx All. Sounds like a plan. NSCoyote - I'll take you up on that coffee.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:58 AM
HalifaxBill
Intermediate

Yep. That 15 minute weather is definite!

Hopefully they'll have this winter's potholes fixed by then too; it's been a rotten winter on the roads this year.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:42 PM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,529 Likes on 684 Posts

You can't miss riding the Cabot Trail. Exceptional road. Did the same trip in 2012, same time of year. Only had rain one day. Cool starting out in the morning, beautiful sunny afternoons, cool evenings. Enjoy it.

Quick Reply: September Weather in Nova Scotia???