General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bored

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bored

Had knee surgery Thursday and have to admit, I am tired of sitting around this house. I'd rather be at the mill working....
I am having fun stirring the pot on a couple threads here but that will wear off soon too.
I asked my physical therapist yesterday when I can ride again, she said when my knee can support the weight of the bike.... If that's the case, won't be long!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

you can ride bitch with me if you want ..lol Hope your knee heals well , ive had 3 surgeries on mine ..nevers been the same unfortunitly but perhaps they have better methods now and yours will be better than ever! ..oh by the way ..you sure are handsome sailor ..haha! best of luck to ya

Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Hell, my ex-wife messed herself up about 5 years ago and can't fully support her sportster on her left leg. It's interesting riding with her because you never know when she's gonna pull up to a stop sign where the road slopes towards the left and just... fall over.

No matter how you look at it, being out of commission just plain sucks. Good luck with the recovery.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Hell, my ex-wife messed herself up about 5 years ago and can't fully support her sportster on her left leg. It's interesting riding with her because you never know when she's gonna pull up to a stop sign where the road slopes towards the left and just... fall over.

No matter how you look at it, being out of commission just plain sucks. Good luck with the recovery.
Thanks! That's wild! I am pleasantly surprised how well my knee feels this soon. No crutches or cane, am doing stairs, etc. I just called my doctor's office and asked when I can ride, they laughed at me.... No sense of humor I guess!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Helen Wheels
you can ride bitch with me if you want ..lol Hope your knee heals well , ive had 3 surgeries on mine ..nevers been the same unfortunitly but perhaps they have better methods now and yours will be better than ever! ..oh by the way ..you sure are handsome sailor ..haha! best of luck to ya

Sounds good! Pick me up..... I seen this ole pic of the sailor and had to have it.... Fits my personality!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Couldn't take it, knee feels pretty good; got the bike out today and rode all day.... Felt great!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Galdog
Couldn't take it, knee feels pretty good; got the bike out today and rode all day.... Felt great!
Hahaha. After reading your posts I had a feeling something like this was going to happen. "Never mind doc. I think I'm ready." Good to hear you are back out!!

Old 04-10-2014, 10:01 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be sure to ride it to your next doctors appointment.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:46 PM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was gonna say you could start a thread about parking or say you "pulled the trigger" on something but I see you are back on the bike. Problems solved! Hope your leg heals well. I know how frustrating that can be.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Got a ear full from the wife but she'll get over it..... I see the doctor tomorrow, am tempted to take the bike! Leg feels good, surprised after only a week (can't believe I suffered for so long).
Yea, I participated in some good discussions this week (what was I to do.... I was going stir crazy).... It felt good to get out of the house today! I should get released tomorrow, then back up to Chicago Saturday to get some of my work caught up before Monday.

Last edited by Galdog; 04-10-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Bored