General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give your parts monkey a shout out

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Danielcan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Give your parts monkey a shout out

This is your opportunity to give a shoutout to your parts monkey. Post his name and where he works, and if you like a bit about him or how he's helped you.

First I'd like to give a shout out to John at the Mission Lordco (parts store in B.C.), in his words "I was a mechanic, am a mechanic but I had a stroke", this guy knows his stuff.

Second, Wayland at the Langly Barnes Harley Davidson. He's the kind of guy that will take the effort to find out what you need, as opposed to some that will say "no" just because it's easier.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
AndreiTheGiant
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've shot the **** with both Jason and Jay from South Seas H-D in Waipahu a couple times and they know something about the performance parts for Harleys. Years back my landlord used to have a wild Sportster that Kalani at Cycle City practically built for him, he still works there and he's a cool guy too.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know any names, but the parts manager (a young fella) at Chesters Harley in Reno has let me test drive seats and other parts from the box for days to be sure I wanted them before I put out any money at all.

To top that, knowing I live about 100 miles from them, the store GM, the parts manager and another guy were standing at the parts counter 15 minutes AFTER closing when I started knocking at the door. They actually reopened the parts counter to sell me some oil and a filter so I wouldn't waste the trip. That's been over a year ago, but I'll always give them props for that.

BTW, I've never bought a bike from them....ever.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

While I'd never call him a "parts monkey", the parts manager and chef...yes he cooks there too...at Waco HD. Mario Aguilar, worked with me to get my bars and risers ordered and installed. He and the whole shop have made me switch my business there.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:52 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

My absolute favorite is Robin at Goe Harley in Angleton, Tx. She's been working the parts counter there for over 30 yrs and knows every part like the back of her hand! If you have an idea for something and want to know how to make it happen, she knows what will work and what won't. She's definitely my Go-To Gal!

Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill Morris of Bill's Old Bike Barn and Bill's Custom Cycles in Bloomsburg PA. The dude has most anything from 94 or so back and tons of the odd Arramachi and snow-mobile **** - and most parts never made the formal inventory list. If you got something vintage with the HD brand, you got to go past and shake hands with him and turn him loose. Search over.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Silver Wolf
Novice

Mike at Heartland Harley Davidson, Burlington Iowa. Stand up guy.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:59 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Reid up front, Todd in the back.. don't mind questions and will give ya honest answers without attitude..

Williamsport HD.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:35 AM
bcbueller
Advanced

don't let this thread die
i would post about my fav parts guy but alas i cannot as i am the one of the two that Danielcan speaks about

Old 04-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Elise from Mountainview HD in Chilliwack BC. She found I could get a bottom section for my tourpack to replace the damaged one rather than buying a whole new TP. Saved me a couple hunnert $$$. Very pleasant to deal with.

Quick Reply: Give your parts monkey a shout out