General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit and run kills 2 motorcyclists...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Jimmykoz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run kills 2 motorcyclists...

http://m.wisn.com/news/hitandrun-cra...ville/25579772

Hope the link works. If not here's a short run down. SUV crossed the center line, a vehicle in front of a a group of 5 had to move out of the way. 2 motorcyclists weren't so lucky. A 18, and 24 year old. Killed with no one to to own up to this. This is pathetic. Some idiot ruining 2 lives and 2 families. My prayers go out to victims and their families and friends.

Now here is my question. I for one if I'm riding with even one other person and someone hits me and takes off. Chase that ****er down and get a liscense plate atleast. Granted I for one would like to stick around for my friend but if I'm down get the guy. What about you? Would you want your friend to stick around or get the guy, and what would you do if your friend was hit?

Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

Hi and run with a death...automatic life without parole. I hope they catch them and they will. You can't hide a SUV with damage like that. Proving who was driving will be the problem, unless someone rats the POS out.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:23 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmykoz
http://m.wisn.com/news/hitandrun-cra...ville/25579772

Hope the link works. If not here's a short run down. SUV crossed the center line, a vehicle in front of a a group of 5 had to move out of the way. 2 motorcyclists weren't so lucky. A 18, and 24 year old. Killed with no one to to own up to this. This is pathetic. Some idiot ruining 2 lives and 2 families. My prayers go out to victims and their families and friends.

Now here is my question. I for one if I'm riding with even one other person and someone hits me and takes off. Chase that ****er down and get a liscense plate atleast. Granted I for one would like to stick around for my friend but if I'm down get the guy. What about you? Would you want your friend to stick around or get the guy, and what would you do if your friend was hit?
Quickly responding to a victim in trauma could mean the difference or life or death. I say stop if in doubt

Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Jimmykoz
Cruiser

A very good point. Remove the doubt and get the bastard. Also the SUV can't hide. Eventually it will be found. Interesting note about Wisconsin vehicle law though states that the owner of a vehicle involved in a hit and run is by default the responsible party. Providing if no one else steps forward.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hit and run that results in a fatality should be automatic life sentence with no chance of parole, or the death penalty if your state allows it.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM
JOHNNYFLHR
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 610 Likes on 367 Posts

Thats a call only you can make at the time it happens. Hope I never have to make a decision like that.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 AM
acfetber
Cruiser

you help the victims they will get the person or people who did that. A number of years ago the same thing happened around Janesville to a lot of bikers from my area, nobody killed but a lot of broken bones. One lady is paralyzed from the waist down I see her at times and take her little boy to school on bus I think about it every time I see her or him. The one a number of years ago was not a hit and run but same thing car crossed center line and hit bikes head on

Last edited by acfetber; 04-22-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Accidents happen. Had the a$$hole stuck around, it would have gone much easier on him/her. Now, when they catch him, and they will, it will be prison. Probably a few beat downs as well. Black Infinity SUV - not a ton of those around those parts. Given access, I bet I could find them in a day.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Hell Fire Hog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody that seen it happen could chase the cager down?

Im glad I dont ride with that bunch.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Big Boz
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Fire Hog
Nobody that seen it happen could chase the cager down?

Im glad I dont ride with that bunch.

5 bikes, 2 riders get hit, 3 other avoid the vehicle and then render aid.

I would rather have a few people try to save my life than attempt to chase someone down.

Quick Reply: Hit and run kills 2 motorcyclists...