General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laughlin River Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM
USMC_Vet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else here? Looks like a pretty good turn out!

Last edited by USMC_Vet; 04-26-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:03 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I just returned to Vegas were I am staying from Laughlin. This is the 6th year that I have went.

Much fewer vendors and the smallest crowd that I have seen. Possibly the weather forecast of rain, cold and severe winds kept some from coming. The weather was better than the forecast but was still a little cool. No rain and normal winds.

It is a nice event with some good rides like Oatman and the original 1926 section of old route 66 to Kingman. The ride down from Vegas is okay. Not as many police patrols out like there used to be.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 PM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The weather was sort of a drag. From Phoenix area, went Tuesday, lots of wind, dodged many tumbleweeds, but shattered one. Came back Thrs, little warm, but nice. Went back again this morning, and now back home. This morning cold, raining and some hail. Just cold on the ride back.

Last edited by riderideride; 04-27-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:32 PM
USMC_Vet
Cruiser

We rode out Friday from PHX and had to pull over in Kingman, because the winds were so strong. Wasn't too bad once we got over the hill. I agree the weather was a little chilly this morning, but I felt it was a nice break from the heat. Overall, we enjoyed the event. However, it would be cool if they had more events during the day.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:16 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Just got home. Phone service was horrible there, Anyway, windy ride but enjoyed the ride. Was not impressed with the turnout or the vendors. But made our own fun. Next year I will probably just head up north and cruise the coast

Old 04-27-2014, 05:49 PM
USMC_Vet
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jcapps
Just got home. Phone service was horrible there, Anyway, windy ride but enjoyed the ride. Was not impressed with the turnout or the vendors. But made our own fun. Next year I will probably just head up north and cruise the coast
This was our first year there. Usually, I have to work. My and wife had a good time. It seemed like a good turn out to us, but what do we know? LOL, first year! Ride home was really nice today. Well, except for the jack *** in his cage that nearly ran my wife off the road.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:12 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

There Mon Tue Wed, good rides all to ourselves, crowds just getting started when we left Thursday. Great 530 mile ride to Carson on Thursday, the weather was great that day.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The attendance was down as well as the vendors. This was my 6 or 8th time. I forget but this was the lightest crowd I've seen.

I rode out from Oceanside Saturday morning and battled 20 miles of misting and followed that up with 290 miles of really high winds. The overcast skies for the entire day also didn't add to the enjoyment.

I returned today and the positive was the sun was out the entire trip and the wind wasn't as bad as Saturday.

What does all this mean? The weather affected the attendance for sure. The poor economy has hit this event hard as well.

Can this event last a couple more years with poor weather, poor attendance and a poor economy? I'm not so sure

Old 04-27-2014, 09:06 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand-Dragon
The attendance was down as well as the vendors. This was my 6 or 8th time. I forget but this was the lightest crowd I've seen.

I rode out from Oceanside Saturday morning and battled 20 miles of misting and followed that up with 290 miles of really high winds. The overcast skies for the entire day also didn't add to the enjoyment.

I returned today and the positive was the sun was out the entire trip and the wind wasn't as bad as Saturday.

What does all this mean? The weather affected the attendance for sure. The poor economy has hit this event hard as well.

Can this event last a couple more years with poor weather, poor attendance and a poor economy? I'm not so sure
You are not kidding about the wind, had some Friday but hit a few gusts today that felt like shotgun blasts

Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rode home today in a bad headwind. Attendance was way down.
Got a free Prime Rib dinner, free beer,wine, sodas for early bird sign up on the So Cal Dealer package at the Tropicana.

Quick Reply: Laughlin River Run