General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Nugget Shooter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sturgis???

Hello All, being new here I looked for this question and did not find it, but wondering if the folks going to Sturgis ever meet up to say hello of any such thing? Anyway I will be riding up from Arizona staying till last Sunday of doings then saddling up and riding back to AZ. Just thought is may be cool to put a couple faces with names if you will be making the trip....

Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

I would think the biggest challenge would be finding the person you are trying to meet up with. Unless you knew what the person looked like, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There are too many people milling around everywhere.

"Meet me on Main Street about 6PM. I will be the guy with the harley shirt and black Street Glide."

Old 05-12-2014, 09:18 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
I would think the biggest challenge would be finding the person you are trying to meet up with. Unless you knew what the person looked like, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There are too many people milling around everywhere.

"Meet me on Main Street about 6PM. I will be the guy with the harley shirt and black Street Glide."
Technology is a beautiful thing.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:22 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

I'll be the guy with the Baker shirt on, standing in the booth under the sign that reads Baker.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Nugget Shooter
Tourer

Cell phones? Then I be the guy with the harley shirt and black Street Glide talking on a cell phone, cept it will be a Heritage....

Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by Nugget Shooter
Hello All, being new here I looked for this question and did not find it, but wondering if the folks going to Sturgis ever meet up to say hello of any such thing? Anyway I will be riding up from Arizona staying till last Sunday of doings then saddling up and riding back to AZ. Just thought is may be cool to put a couple faces with names if you will be making the trip....
I'll be there. I'll be riding from Ohio, and my OL will be driving the truck and pulling her bike (she had a catastrophic injury to her leg last summer, rebuilt her femur, knee, and tibia) and isn't sure she'll be up for that long of a ride just yet. Camping at The Buffalo Chip. We'll get there on Sunday afternoon and probably head out on Friday morning.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by Nugget Shooter
Cell phones? Then I be the guy with the harley shirt and black Street Glide talking on a cell phone, cept it will be a Heritage....

LOL!!

Well, those of us with smart phone have access to some pretty awesome things. I can use Google Maps and send you an EXACT location of where I am, down to a few feet. And then YOU could use Google maps to direct you to EXACTLY where I am.

It's a pretty good trick.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Nugget Shooter
Tourer

Yup we could exchange #s before the trip for anyone that wants to meet for a beer or..... I am going solo, but meeting some old friends from IL and MN there if they show. Staying in Rapid City this trip....

Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

**** I was there last summer, yeah on Main St., wearing a bright orange Deals Gap tee shirt and my riding buddy who I parked next to and was walking with, still got lost. He had a black tee shirt and vest along with 456,000 other scooter bums.

Of course we are both geezers and do tend to forget things. But then that's also the demographic for about 400,000 grey bearded geezers walking around Main St. eyeballing near naked painted girls with big *****.

Yeah, Ill be looking out for ya.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,608 Likes on 2,863 Posts

guess I better start packin.......

Quick Reply: Sturgis???