General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Poor Quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Duffyone
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Vance & Hines Poor Quality

New member, but not new to HD Forum, have gotten lots of good info for years. Now that I’m a member I’d like to share my experience with Vance & Hines products. I sold my 2010 Road King and just bought a 2014 Street Glide Special and now in the process of spending all my wife’s hard eared money on parts to make it even better. Now the rub! One of my first purchases was a pair of Vance & Hines slip-ons. In 2010 I bought a pair without a problem, but the quality of the new mufflers I just bought is very poor. One of them has several burrs and a chip at the very tip. Appears they were their prior to platting rather then shipping or packing caused.

To my surprise Vance & Hines’ customer service has been a real pain to deal with. They would like to ignore you rather then resolve the problem. My warranty process started weeks ago and my emails to find out the current status are ignored. Evidently there are many problems with Vance & Hines products, so many that they are unable to handle the load. Next on my list was V&H power duals, but now I’ve scratched them off my list; shame on V&H for their less then professional customer service.

Now I feel better! Sorry for the lengthy post.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I have always had good luck with V&H products. Sorry to hear your slip-ons were shoddy.

The real surprise is that they aren't interested in clearing up the problem ASAP! I assume you bought directly from V&H? I usually buy my parts and accessories online from motorcycle websites and have had no problem returning anything, no questions asked.

Good luck!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,192 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Duffyone
Next on my list was V&H power duals, but now I’ve scratched them off my list; shame on V&H for their less then professional customer service.
since you've scratched them off your list, for your headpipe, look at fullsac (www.fullsac.com), fuelmoto (www.fuelmotousa.com), and dragos bike works (www.dragosbikeworks.com). any one of them will be glad to hook you up with a high quality headpipe, and first class customer service.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM
mesamark5
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another thread that turned into a fuel moto commercial....

Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mesamark5
Yet another thread that turned into a fuel moto commercial....
Ill turn it into a Dragos commercial. Great customer service, beautiful pipe, awesome performance, killer sound.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Oh, and I dig my FM 107:-)

Old 06-06-2014, 11:47 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

I've used V & H products for many years. Haven't had many problems but the few times I did they were very easy do deal with. I've always thought their product was top shelf and same for their customer service. Maybe there's another side to this story.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:52 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I had slip ons on my bikes. Bought them used off a buddy and they looked great an worked great. I bought my short shots new and they still look like new. I've never dealt with customer service because I never had too!!

Good luck and hope it works out!!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Coloradohunter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer to hear. I've put V&H products on every bike I've owned and never had an issue. In fact I've been so happy with them I don't even bother researching other brands.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Jack Sullivan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 132 Posts

I've never had any issues with V & H. I'm not saying you weren't but when dealing with any customer service it's beneficial to be as courteous as possible. They'll reciprocate and do everything they can to rectify the situation. Don't email daily and try to deal with only one person. Take notes of conversations and save emails. Always purchase with a credit card and you are protected. You could return them and purchase another set.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Poor Quality