General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperate for advise and needing help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Spit Fire
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate for advise and needing help

Don't like to be a downer, but I'm not having very much support from Harley. I bought a Beull Motorcycle for the USA a few weeks ago and brought it over into Canada. So excited about the bike, I always loved Harley's, I guess because my dad has had one for about 20 years. I'm a young 20 year old university student and top of my class, very responsible and mature person and always willing to help people in need. When I brought the bike into Canada it didn't have a compliance sticker on it and now I can't even put it on the road to drive it. I can't get it registered because I need that sticker. I spoke to the head guy of Harley (Angelo Donoso) not sure on the spelling of his name, but I did personally speak to him. He was not at all interested in my problem, he dismissed me with no recall to how I can get the sticker, he didn't seem to care. I'm very disappointed with the Harley Division . All he said was that the registered owner can apply for the sticker , which is fine, but with out the sticker It leaves me with not being able to register it in Canada in order to get it inspected. I have the title of the bike and a receipt that I paid for the bike from the seller in the USA. This should be enough for Harley to issue me the sticker. I really don't know where to turn now to be able to drive the bike, so if anyone out there can help me I would greatly welcome the help and I will even pay you to get this issue solved, thanks for your time. Harley is not a company that I have much faith in anymore, I'm sorry to say. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:05 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, Sorry to hear about your troubles, Did you purchase this from an individual or a Dealer? It is not necessarily a MOCO issue since the previous owner could have done some changes to take it out of compliancy. anyway good luck.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-06-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Not sure what the compliance sticker is but is this something you could have done at the dealership? They could inspect the bike and issue a sticker?

Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome from Michigan,hope you get your issue resolved.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,924 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Welcome,
You can't start your first post bitching. I mean you can, but no-one will care.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Welcome,
You can't start your first post bitching. I mean you can, but no-one will care.
Really? Did too know all the posting rules the first time you joined?

Don't know about compliance stickers. Did you buy from a dealer? Stick around, someone will know how this works, but answer may not be good.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

This has been talked about before. One of your Canadian bros, had a similar problem, eh.
Do a search on this site, maybe you'll get some help,eh. Don't blame the MOCO, it's your freakin government. I'm surprised you didn't do some research before buying a bike in the states. Good luck,eh.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:57 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the guy you bought it from to apply?

Old 06-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Dyna_Syx
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spit Fire
This should be enough for Harley to issue me the sticker.
A quick read on the site linked below makes me believe that this probably won't be easy for you. Since it is a used bike I assume it has some mods to it, exhaust at the least. I doubt that Harley will "certify" it anymore as it is no longer in stock form, I don't think any manufacturer would. Are there independent places that can inspect/certify a used vehicle and apply for the sticker on your behalf? I'd say start off talking to some local garages. I can't imagine that it's all that uncommon for a Canadian to buy a vehicle from an American.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehicle...7-menu-173.htm

Old 06-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Dyna_Syx
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahh, the search function. This may help. Be sure to read post #15 by paulie13 as well.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...to-import.html

Last edited by Dyna_Syx; 06-07-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Desperate for advise and needing help