General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 FLHTCUI Stallin/Stuttering Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:23 PM
CougarMan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 FLHTCUI Stallin/Stuttering Problems

Hi, I am new to this forum but since owning a bike, I've come across a lot of information on here that was beneficial and helped me out. Here's my issue. I brought my bike into the dealer and got a new throttle cable put on yesterday. Since then, my bike has been stuttering and stalling really bad during acceleration. I'm not sure how a cable could be related so it makes sense that it could be something else. At first, I thought it might be the plugs since I am usually going through them pretty quick. I have about 8k miles on them so I threw new ones in. That didn't help. Some other information that I know could be related is the fact that I have a new exhaust and intake but never put in a new program to make it run with the new parts. This is why I'm probably going through plugs more than normal. I'm still unsure what might be causing this issue though. One other thought is that the dealer might've power washed my bike and got water in the intake or in a connector so that's the next place I am going to look. If anyone has any knowledge of another solution, I would love to hear it because this bike is irritating the hell out of me. It so bad its not ridable.