General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Corbin Customer Service

I just want to throw this out there. I'm in the market for a new seat for my '14 FLHTK. I talked to several different companies today and Corbin is getting my business. I really like the seat and tour pack backrest and the customization options. One of the deciding factors for me though is how polite they were on the phone to me. I have a severe stuttering problem that phones magnify 10 fold. Anybody that stutters will understand what I mean. I won't post the names of the other companies but they were very rude. Janice at Corbin was very kind and helpful. Customer service means a lot to me.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

They built my wife a custom seat for her 2013 Fatboy trike and I agree they were great to work with and she loves the seat. They went out of there way. I know they get a lot of negative comments on there customer service but I have found them to be tops.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

With Corbin it's a crap shoot, hope you are one of the lucky ones. I had a Corbin years ago and had no problems. With their customer service reputation I wasn't willing to gamble this time so I went with C&C.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:03 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

My favorite subject... Corbin Sux to no end. They are not the company they use to be.
Total nightmare. Bought a new seat a year ago and looked like Frankenstein sewed it up.
Told me they would not fix it. Finally sent it back to Corbin and it came back worse. Took me 4 months to get my money back. GOOD LUCK...

Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

What customer service? Sure, they'll give you good customer service now, when placing an order. The big question, is what customer service will you get when you have problems. Corbin went down the tubes years ago.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM
bikergal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard nothing but negative about Corbin. I hope things work out well for you. Let us know how you make out

Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,806 Likes on 2,123 Posts

We have 4 different Corbin seats for the bikes. Everyone of them have been worked to my or Jan's satisfaction without issue.I've run every name brand seat out there over the years and a few customs. Always go back to the Corbins.Granted you can't please everybody,but they have my business.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Str8chuter
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
With Corbin it's a crap shoot, hope you are one of the lucky ones. I had a Corbin years ago and had no problems. With their customer service reputation I wasn't willing to gamble this time so I went with C&C.
Crapshoot is right. I ordered a seat from them about three years ago and it was perfect and shipped on time. Based on my previous experience with them, I rolled the dice again and ordered a Genuine StingRay leather seat for my Sportster at a price of over $750 delivered. It was a disaster, the seat was sewn with the "Eye" off center and the color was not correct. I was finally able to get a return authorization after I opened a dispute with them through my Credit Card company. They did eventually make good on it, but I had to fight them tooth and nail. The new seat was perfect, but the aggravation factor still leaves a bad taste and I would never order a seat from them again. In my experience with them, both their Quality Control and Customer Service is nonexistent. If you check with the Hollister, California Better Business Bureau you will find that they have a very poor rating.

"He Who Lives in Joy Does His Creator's Will".
The Baal Shame Tov, Founder of Chasidic Judaism... ca. 1750's

Last edited by Str8chuter; 06-25-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 PM
TracerBullet
Supporter
Received 5,193 Likes on 2,824 Posts

I'm another one who has nothing bad to say about them. I am on my fourth, maybe fifth seat and have always had great service and the seat just fits my behind better than any other

Old 06-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

their service after the sale has been a issue for a while now. The company was up for sale at one point.

Quick Reply: Corbin Customer Service