General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 05:06 PM
buttmonkey
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default power vision help

Need a power vision map.
I am looking for a map for the 09 Softail family.
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
Mid-range Slipon mufflers
Andrews 48h cams
I can't find anything close on the Dynojet website.
Anything close will give me a starting point. I have a barley rideable map, but, when I auto tune it tunes gets worse each progressive build.
I auto tuned 3 times-VE table only. Engine runs decent, but with major pinging.
Auto tune with only timing feature active, engine gets so bad will not run.
Auto tune with both active, engine starts skipping, backfiring and flooding.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Afrobaron
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call dynoJet and tell them what you posted. I bet they have something that will help you out.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Falcon195
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah the advantages of buying your PV from Fuelmoto.
If you purchased your PV from Fuelmoto they would engineer custom maps for no charge.
Try calling Fuelmoto and see what they would charge for a custom map for your application.

Last edited by Falcon195; 06-26-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:13 PM
buttmonkey
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon195
Ah the advantages of buying your PV from Fuelmoto.
If you purchased your PV from Fuelmoto they would engineer custom maps for no charge.
Try calling Fuelmoto and see what they would charge for a custom map for your application.
AH, I did buy the power vision from Fuelmoto. That was 5 bikes ago. My riding buddies bought the extra license for multiple bikes. I don't think it's Fuelmoto's problem to help us out. I'm sure they have enough first time customers to keep their plate full. As many power visions as are out there, someone has a good map for our problem.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:54 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by buttmonkey
AH, I did buy the power vision from Fuelmoto. That was 5 bikes ago. My riding buddies bought the extra license for multiple bikes. I don't think it's Fuelmoto's problem to help us out. I'm sure they have enough first time customers to keep their plate full. As many power visions as are out there, someone has a good map for our problem.
doesn't matter. fuelmoto has lifetime map support.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

AH, I did buy the power vision from Fuelmoto. That was 5 bikes ago...
Fickle much?
The Power Vision only came out a couple years ago. Are you sure you don't mean Power Commander? Same company, similar name, different animal...

Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Falcon195
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So let me see. You bought the PV from Fuelmoto (which has lifetime map support) but you rather ask someone here on the forums for a map that just happens to meet your bikes criteria.
OK.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:36 AM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Call fuel moto, you can buy the license for multiple bikes 200.00 & they will likely provide you with the correct mapping. That's what I did on both my bikes.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

As others have already said but it's worth repeating - if you really did buy your PV from Fuelmoto, and you still have an active license, then they will be more than happy to help you and build you the map you need.
I contacted them the other week, told them I liked the one map they supplied me but didn't like how my O2 sensors would tweak the map after I road about 50-75 miles - as I would then have to reflash it again - they sent me a custom map to stop that - problem solved in less than 24 hrs
Don't undersell this company - there are many more people that love their product than not on this forum, I being one of them

Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not saying Fuelmoto isn't a good company, but really? They are NOT the only PV dealer. I bought mine from another and Dynojet helped me out with all the info I needed. They adjusted and tweaked my map to eliminate some decel pop after I auto tuned and my bike bike runs super. No decel pop and runs cool and strong.

Now I have the PV mounted on the bike, (never thought I would) and love it. Pretty nice being able to monitor engine parameters.

Quick Reply: power vision help