General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Teardrop Heavy Breather Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:40 AM
twincambill
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle Teardrop Heavy Breather Cover

I was looking at these teardrop covers to add to my recently installed heavy breather air cleaner...anyone have any issues with these? There are two models...one with the sc eagle logo on the front...and one with the sc eagle logo on the side. I wondered how heavy these covers are. The front logo model looks to have more vents for air than the side logo model. Sorry no pics...hope you know what I am referring to. Thanks for any replies!

Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I've got a teardrop cover on my HD Heavy Breather - the one with the script on the front - no issues with it

Old 08-05-2014, 09:20 AM
twincambill
Advanced

Thanks...that looks real nice!

Old 08-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 879 Likes on 382 Posts

No problems with mine.
Install and forget about it.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:31 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

I'd like to get one but the cost is killing that deal. And someone said, why have a completely open AC and the cover it up, so less air is getting to it. It makes sense but I wonder how much a cover actually slows the airflow.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 879 Likes on 382 Posts

It doesn't matter how "Open" your air cleaner is. Your engine can only suck so much air. I would say that this air cleaner cover lets in plenty of air for a stock or slightly modified engine.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:51 AM
osuhd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a rain sock cover on mine, took it off for past week or so and kinda like the look of it being bare.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:17 AM
twincambill
Advanced

Thanks for the replies...I was going to leave the rain sock on...like the look with it...have wondered about the differences with or without the sock. I was considering one of these covers in black since I have the chrome sc eagle breather. The sc eagle shortie mufflers and the heavy breather really waked up my dyna...I went with a power vision tuner with a custom tune from fuel moto. It is louder than stock with deeper tone and good throttle response.

I like white Harleys...beautiful bike heckler!!!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-05-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

Originally Posted by osuhd
i have a rain sock cover on mine, took it off for past week or so and kinda like the look of it being bare.
I do too but I keep it on. I touched it a couple of weeks ago and surprised how dirty the sock was. So I got a wet cloth and wiped it clean. Not only does it stop rain, it catches dirt too.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'd like to get one but the cost is killing that deal. And someone said, why have a completely open AC and the cover it up, so less air is getting to it. It makes sense but I wonder how much a cover actually slows the airflow.

I would think that if the sum of the openings in the cover is equal to or grater than the air intake opening going into the engine and that it doesn't create a turbulence effect, then it would not be getting less than full air - granted if you thru a blower on to force the air in, then that would be different.
I think there are pros and cons to leaving the rain sock on - I leave mine off and learned pretty quickly to put it on when it rains.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Teardrop Heavy Breather Cover