General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

turnsignal relocation wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turnsignal relocation wiring issues

i just installed the front turnsignal relocation kit on my 06 deuce. because of time restraints and a full gas tank i didnt remove the tank to run the turnsignal wires a different way as the directions so indicated.
do i need to remove the tank to get to the turnsignal plugins? if you dont know, you run the wires a different way because the wirehas some excess lengthafter you relocate the turn signalsand they say to pull the tank and tie the excess wire up under the tank.i was trying to avoid removing the tank soi dont scratch or dent it. is the removal easy? is it possible to disconnect the wire from the socket where the bulb goes or are these connections perminate? thanks for any help!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: turnsignal relocation wiring issues

First, get a service manual for future use. For now, remove the bolt at the front of the tank, put a block of wood under the front between the tank and tube, and remove the bolt at the rear of the tank. You only have to move the tank up about 2" and back about 2". All the slack wire can be carefully and neatly tucked behind the rubber sleeve under the front of the tank. After you get the service manual, refer to section 8 for the connector location IF you want to unplug-replug the wires.

I'll send you a separate message on the unplug matter. Oops - just look for the turn signal connector post in this section under my name.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the two inches i get by lifting up and back the tank i will be able to get to the plugins without disconnecting any fuels lines, vent houses or anything else? thanks again

Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, and the block of wood holds the tank so the tank braket won't scratch the heads