Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > General Topics/Tech Tips
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.
Sponsored by: No Toil Industries

P

Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Hang Around
Default Sportster jockey shift

I want to make my rigid EVO sporty a jockey shift and foot clutch. NOT forward controls. Again: Not with forward controls. I only use mids, dont be a sheep. Dont you dare send me to Briola, its junk, seriously. I need to figure out how to run the clutch cable from the case to the foot clutch and make a stop for it. Also: I dont want to just make the shift lever attached at the shift hub, READ: ghost shifting due to top heavy weight or hitting a bump! Like the crappy Briola design, I want to make a bracket that bolts to the rear of the case and run a linkage bar from the shifter shaft to the shift lever bracket. It kinda puts it where it would be on a big twin, further back, ya dig? I, like most dirtbag garage builders, I am a trial and error guy so, bear with me. Waiting for the "chopcult" response as well. I am afraid this site may be full of "bagger nation" guys. Sorry, friends dont let friends ride a bike your fat *** cant pick up when you dump it. Choppers rule!hahaha! Feel free to bleat a response. Submitted for your enjoyment, thanks in advance. Now turn this thing off and do something to your bike....

Last edited by Johnny Snider; 12-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: cahnt sphell
Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Road Captain
Send a message via Yahoo to TRacer

Here's a thread that may help or give you some ideas-- notice how this member used a a brake pedal flipped backwards for his mid-control bike:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sports...installed.html
Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Road Captain
Send a message via Yahoo to TRacer

Here's a thread that may help or give you some ideas-- notice how this member used a a brake pedal flipped backwards for his mid-control bike:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sports...installed.html
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Road Warrior
tripn88 tripn88
Send a message via Yahoo to tripn88

I like how you say the la briola kit is crap yet you want a set up just like it lmao.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM

P