Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Ohio Bike week

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM
brokenwing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year was my first trip. We are heading back again this year!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:08 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Life
How has the weather been the last few years?
Usually not bad at all. Once about 5 years ago, it rained almost the whole week. Last year, it was great all weekend (I got for the back half), and then rained all of Sunday morning and until about noon-1. Didn't bother me - I was sleeping off Saturday night. LMAO! Rode home completely dry.

Usually cool mornings and evenings, and you can count on the days being in the 70s or up to about 80. One year, I think it was close to 90 all weekend.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:19 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Usually not bad at all. Once about 5 years ago, it rained almost the whole week. Last year, it was great all weekend (I got for the back half), and then rained all of Sunday morning and until about noon-1. Didn't bother me - I was sleeping off Saturday night. LMAO! Rode home completely dry.

Usually cool mornings and evenings, and you can count on the days being in the 70s or up to about 80. One year, I think it was close to 90 all weekend.
Four or five years ago I decided to ride up for the first weekend Saturday night concert with Jackyl. Left late that Saturday night/Sunday morning. Got pounded with rain. No rain gear like a fool. Pulled off under an overpass along Rt. 30. Whew... At least I am out of the rain and wind. What happens next was a skunk came walking towards me... ****! I froze. Luckily it kept walking and didn't spray.

What a ride home late that night.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:08 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeMan
Four or five years ago I decided to ride up for the first weekend Saturday night concert with Jackyl. Left late that Saturday night/Sunday morning. Got pounded with rain. No rain gear like a fool. Pulled off under an overpass along Rt. 30. Whew... At least I am out of the rain and wind. What happens next was a skunk came walking towards me... ****! I froze. Luckily it kept walking and didn't spray.

What a ride home late that night.
LMFAO - now that's an adventure. I've managed to avoid getting skunked, but I've had some close calls. One night I was out in the garage piddling around, and I heard something hissing outside. I turned around and there was a skunk right in the doorway, staring at me. Needless to say I was a little bit nervous. Luckily, he decided to just turn and walk away. *PHEW*!

Old 03-13-2015, 10:06 AM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weather been great, its a good time and the hotels arent over priced except for the CI lol. were goin again with a larger group.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:38 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

we will be there again this year going to check with my buddy we usually stay at his marina right with in walking distance to the downtown action. But not sure if its available this year

Old 03-27-2015, 02:40 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

If you need a break from the crowds, take a short 20 minute run to a place called Jimmy Buckets and check out my band, The IONU Band! We're playing there Friday the 5th from 6 to 10. We might pick up another gig or two that week in Sandusky, too. Lots of great local bands playing. And when I''m not playing... well, it's a great party.