Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Bought a Trailer to tow behind the bike tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:32 PM
HOG Hugger
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathertime500

Cost was a big issue for me so I built my own. Found everything on ebay and craigslist. I have less than 600.00 in this complete trailer. Pulls great. FT
This is GREAT! Hell, my wife can bury me in the thing when I die. Curious where you found the tool box? Did you use the trailer hitch length formula or just guestimate? Yes, there is actually a formula to prevent sway or wandering, it's based on ratio to overall length. This is perfect. What did it weight when finished? Seems like a business opportunity to me! Good luck.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
HOG Hugger
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadmaniac
Below is the hitch I have. I really like it because it is very easy to install/uninstall in case I need to take the bike to the dealer for work and don't want them to know I pull a trailer for warranty issues.
http://www.openroadoutfitters.com/in...roducts_id=433
Do you ever offer a discount on HDForums? Need on for 2015 HD Limited and a Polaris Slingshot if you have them yet.

Jim

Old 12-19-2016, 07:09 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Trailer is up for sale if anyone is interested we are located in Florida now. $1,200

Old 01-11-2017, 04:31 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Trailer is sold

I do have the Hitch and wiring harness up for sale if anyone is interested like new condition used very little will let go of with hitch all bolts you need to put on your 2014 and up ultra limited and wiring harness for $180 plus shipping

Hitch alone is a $269 item and wiring harness is $129 good savings for someone out there.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:42 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
I don't use safety chains as if your trailer comes unhooked those chains are gonna make your life very miserable,believe me.That trailer comes unhooked and your just along for the ride,nothing so valuable to put your life in jeopardy. Don't listen to all the it's the law BS. Toss them. JMO
Unfortunately, in some states they are required by law. So I use plastic chains painted silver! Nothing says they have to be metal chains. The plastic chains are so cheap I can pull them apart by hand so I know they won't keep the trailer chained to the bike in the event of a hitch failure. Like noted above, those chains will make your life miserable if the trailer comes unhooked for whatever reason.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:48 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Pothole914
Really? So, you would rather YOUR trailer come loose from your bike and cross into the other lane and get hit head on by an innocent driver and possible kill someone? REALLY????
Basically....YES! I like the odds of wether-or-not my trailer will kill someone in another lane over wether-or-not the chains will kill me and my wife should it come unhooked.