Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

American trike warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:22 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by emory70
I mean like this:

Smokin hottie: "I really like your bike."
Dad: "thanks."
Smokin hottie: "I like the colors. If I get my body paint in those colors, can I get a picture on your bike?"
Dad: "yup."

(Pictures obviously NSFW)

As good as that is.....I like mine better!!! LOL

Old 08-05-2015, 02:20 PM
suziB52
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Champion experience too

I have a Champion conversion on my 07 Sporty. It's beautiful and well made, but at certain rpms I have no back brake!! And those rpms are when I am doing 70+ mph. I found this out when a deer crossed and had to do a quick stop. I took my trike into the nearest Champion dealer, 350 Miles away and they contacted the company. Seemed that there is a cavitation problem with the Sportster conversions and they were working on a fix. Long story short I contacted them every few weeks to see about the fix and finally they said the parts were in and would be shipped to the dealer the next day. Three weeks later they are saying the same thing. When I emailed about the lousy customer service they had the nerve to respond that this is not a safety issue and they are doing the "upgrade" as a courtesy. No back brake is not a safety issue??? I was considering a reverse gear from them.....not now!

Old 08-22-2015, 10:08 AM
JPark1274
Stage I
Thumbs down Great product bad Customer Service with Sam.

I’m new to triking and just saw this post. I too had a bad experience with Sam Camp AT.
I’m wounded warrior from Iraq. I had to go to three wheels to keep riding. My unit showed up damaged by the trucking company. Sam told me he would replace parts. But 3 months later and no follow up I had to contact the owner who was never informed of the damage. He immediately sent out replacement parts and I love the trike. However if I had to deal with Sam again…I would go elsewhere. I told the owner he needs to fire Sam and get someone who will follow up. Good product poor customer service!

Old 09-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Nikaem
Advanced

Originally Posted by JPark1274
I’m new to triking and just saw this post. I too had a bad experience with Sam Camp AT.
I’m wounded warrior from Iraq. I had to go to three wheels to keep riding. My unit showed up damaged by the trucking company. Sam told me he would replace parts. But 3 months later and no follow up I had to contact the owner who was never informed of the damage. He immediately sent out replacement parts and I love the trike. However if I had to deal with Sam again…I would go elsewhere. I told the owner he needs to fire Sam and get someone who will follow up. Good product poor customer service!

the kit is a joy to ride I had it out once and it is smooth and quiet but sam is not worth the time and energy

Old 10-31-2015, 01:59 PM
Nikaem
Advanced
Default Notice

I tired one more time to contact Mr Sam Camp. To my surprise the response came from Mac Roberts. So now Sam Camp is gone from American trike and in fact American trike is no more the product is the property of the engineer who developed it. I am led to believe that he has some new people and the product will be available under the new name Extreme trike. This is good news as I want to build another trike and I do like this kit. Now time will tell if there is going to be a change in customer service I have let the new person know that the ABS on the 2014 HD is not compatible and should they fix the issue let me know.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:30 PM
56coolbreeze
Stage I
Default another dissatisfied customer

I got my kit 4 or 5 years ago and had some of the same problems, unfortunately, they are such cool kits I don't think amount of complaining will shake their business (Sam Camp is a jackass), he complained about me calling him on a Saturday to ask what the hell is going on. they know their powder coating sucks but don't really care because they have so much business. check out my u-tube video I made of my kit