Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

New riders, look here

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

The lane splitting wasn't as disturbing as the "ghost hunter" cam. Maybe if it was a hot babe riding it could be justified, but no one wants to see a fish-eye shot of an old dude in a Harley t-shirt. I can see that looking in the mirror.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:33 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

So in the end... nothing happened. He was riding within the laws of the state, didn't crash or cause a crash. No harm, no foul.

BTW, I don't ride like that, and I always ride with a helmet on as well. But to each his own.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
...The guy isn't splitting very fluidly, which tells me he probably shouldn't be doing it at all...

...And he's running right into busy intersections on the split, meaning he is basically making cagers blind to him who might be trying to beat a light in the cross traffic...

...Not smart. Real dumb, as a matter of fact. T-Bone could end up being his middle name...

...The shorts, t-shirt and half helmet aren't very high up on the IQ scale either, to be honest...

...Anyway, nice post. I'm sure new riders learned something by reading this thread...
Yes to all of the above. The rider's a complete squid.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 PM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't check to see what states it is legal in, quite frankly, it shouldn't be legal in any state.

You are just asking to get run over. That one video posted a page or so back, is exactly what will happen sooner or later. Or you will get some road raging redneck that does it on purpose.

If you are in that big of a hurry, don't ride. Riding is something we do to either commute or enjoy ourselves.

Car vs cycle = death

Old 08-26-2014, 07:52 PM
david t
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dudes got on a t-shirt, shorts, gym shoes and a muffin top no wonder Dawn says its too hot out to ride and the way he twists that throttle whats up with that?
This dude should invest in some skins, boots and a full face helmet ridin like that.
And if Dawn wants to ride she should really get her own scoot, find out which way hes going and then go the opposite way.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
So in the end... nothing happened. He was riding within the laws of the state, didn't crash or cause a crash. No harm, no foul.

BTW, I don't ride like that, and I always ride with a helmet on as well. But to each his own.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,633 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Making it legal to ride on the shoulders would be safer I think. California is a different world- New Yorkers would make a sport out of opening their car doors or throwing hot Starbucks when the guy rides by

Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

LOL, What a Poser. BLOW THE CARB OUT. It's blow the carbon out.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Redsauce
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpowell490
I didn't check to see what states it is legal in, quite frankly, it shouldn't be legal in any state.

You are just asking to get run over. That one video posted a page or so back, is exactly what will happen sooner or later. Or you will get some road raging redneck that does it on purpose.

If you are in that big of a hurry, don't ride. Riding is something we do to either commute or enjoy ourselves.

Car vs cycle = death

With all do respect, jpowell, being a "road captain" doesn't give you or anyone else the right to say what should and shouldn't be legal as far as motorcycles are concerned. Nor does years experience in riding a motorcycle. You can do the wrong thing for 50 years, doesn't make it right. The only people, in my opinion, who should be saying anything about lane splitting, are the ones who are fortunate enough to be able to do it. If you live in a state that does not allow lane splitting, then please refrain from bashing the ones who can(of course, you don't have to). What's funny to me, is that jpowell chooses to bring up the "crash" lane splitting video, but chooses to make no mention to the video that precedes it. Which, is a video that clearly explains why lane splitting is a safe "option". Notice I use the word option. See, just because it's legal, doesn't mean that you have to do it. Some, or most, will and some choose not to. You don't see, nor hear, the ones who choose to calling the ones who choose not to "morons" for not. I live in Hollywood. I ride my bike where and whenever I can. If you don't know anything about Southern California, one thing that everyone usually knows is that we have a bit of a traffic problem. When you are on a motorcycle, an air cooled motorcycle at that, it is a HUGE privilege to get in between brake-light, bumper to bumper traffic that looks like it goes on for miles. If I didn't mention, I am not originally from CA, and what I noticed, and I believe it's because IT IS LEGAL to lane split, motorists seem to be more aware that a motorcycle could be coming up along side them. Can someone still cut you off? Absolutely. BUT, that can happen when not lane splitting. I have motorists CONSTANTLY making a right hand turn in front of me while on the surface streets...what am I supposed to do about that? That has nothing to do with lane splitting, but it happens all the time. We choose to ride motorcycles. That, in itself means that we choose to put ourselves in a certain amount of danger that is different than other motorists. When you feel like you are in control of your environment, which is what lane splitting gives you, you feel safer. Trust me, I wasn't familiar with lane splitting when I first moved out here. The first time I witnessed a motorcycle fly past me in between the lanes, I couldn't believe it. When I purchased a bike, I told myself that I wouldn't need to lane split. I wouldn't be in any kind of hurry to need to do that. Well, I was completely wrong. It has nothing to do with being in a hurry. It has everything to do with putting yourself in a place that vehicles can see you better and giving you control of your environment. If you have never split lanes before, it looks far worse than it really is. Trust me on that. So, post all you want about how YOU wouldn't do that given the chance, but there is no reason to be-little or name-call people who are allowed, and who choose to lane split. PEACE!

Old 09-12-2014, 01:40 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Brought up a "crash" video, wtf are you talking about? This wasn't a crash video, it was a complete moron acting like he was king of the road.

HOLY PARAGRAPH BATMAN! Did you finish the 3rd grade? That wall of text must have been fun to type.

Redsauce, I encourage you HIGHLY to lane split. Then I won't have to read anymore of your idiocy on these forums anymore.

Quick Reply: New riders, look here