Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

New riders, look here

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
He was going to fast for the conditions and even if he was NOT lane splitting and was just next to the lady in the white van SHE still would have hit him as she was not looking for bikes just cars and trucks. That is the main problem we all face on the road with out lane splitting.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

OP, did you know lane splitting is legal in California before your post? Just curious.

I didn't watch the whole OP video, just because it's kinda boring. haha. (Not your thread, his video.)

The guy isn't splitting very fluidly, which tells me he probably shouldn't be doing it at all. And he's running right into busy intersections on the split, meaning he is basically making cagers blind to him who might be trying to beat a light in the cross traffic.

Not smart. Real dumb, as a matter of fact. T-Bone could end up being his middle name.

The shorts, t-shirt and half helmet aren't very high up on the IQ scale either, to be honest. Notice the biker club that passes him is even geared up better than he is.

All that said, I bet a lot of riders on this board ride no better, or even worse than he does.

I'm pretty confident I ride better than him after many years of big city riding. But I'm sure if I posted up one of my average commutes in heavy traffic (much heavier than this guy's video) people would knitpick the heck out of it from the bleacher seats.

Then again, they might say I was the best rider they have ever seen. With this group, I somehow doubt it though.

Anyway, nice post. I'm sure new riders learned something by reading this thread.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 08-19-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:10 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

p.s.

I didn't listen to the audio either, so didn't realize the guy sounded like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

FYI, he is riding in the Bakersfield, Ca. area, for anyone who is curious.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
p.s.

I didn't listen to the audio either, so didn't realize the guy sounded like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

FYI, he is riding in the Bakersfield, Ca. area, for anyone who is curious.
I was wondering where he was at. It looked like palm springs there for a moment.
Definitely not Southern Kalifornia, not enough traffic.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,523 Likes on 6,272 Posts

He may be legal, but he sure left himself open to being T boned by that pickup, pulling out of the driveway, and probably many other vulnerable spots. And OP started thread telling newbies not to ride like that, which everybody has to agree with.

And if he thinks his wife isn't riding with him, because of the heat, I have a bridge in Brooklyn, I would like to sell him. She is probably afraid to tell him, because he is probably a hothead, and maybe a wife beater.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

It may be legal in some areas, but I'm never in that big of a hurry. Too many things can go badly wrong in a big hurry. I will admit to riding the shoulder a few times to get past a tie up. But it's never at speed.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Slabking
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too many variables to deal with for me that are out of my control riding like that.
I'd never go for a ride with him myself, just too on the edge all the time. I cringe
Watching that video.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:34 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Looked like the fool never used his turn signals. Lane splitting is legal in CA if done correctly. This fool thinks lane splitting should be done all the time. His days are numbered!!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:05 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Is it just me, or did this guy sound like Carl Spackler from Caddyshack?

Old 08-24-2014, 05:32 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,178 Likes on 6,038 Posts

Listened to that ***** talk for about 10 seconds and had an overwhelming urge to b!tch slap him....

Quick Reply: New riders, look here