Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help! I have fireworks in my exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help! I have fireworks in my exhaust!

So I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I have a 2009 Street glide. I just took the bike in to my local performance shop / dyno guy (Won awards and everyone in Houston says he's the best). I put a 103Ci motor in the 96ci Motors place (high milage on the old 96), Screamin eagle air cleaner, D&D boss fat cat pipes, and the blue mastertune TTS (plus dyno). After everything was said and done I picked up the bike and he said everything is running perfect. I rode it around for a couple of days and found pretty severe decel pop and occasional popping between gears when shifting. Along with between around 2000 2800 rpms at steady throttle it will sputter. Basically the bike runs like crap. Great performance on wide open runs And 6th crusing but that's about it. Took it back to him and he said I would have to leave it with him again. The first time I left it with him I had to leave it for 3 weeks and I wasn't about to do that again. So I had him adjust it in person while I was there with his laptop and he told me to let him know if that's better or worse plus checked for exhaust or intake leaks and there weren't any. Rode around for 2 more days.. exactly the same. I've been playing phone tag with him for 3 weeks now and he tries to avoid my calls along with acting like he's extremely busy when he's not and could easily fix the mistake he made with 20 or 30 minutes of his time. I'm extremely frustrated because now no one else can fit me in before Lone Star rally and in addition I don't have another $300 to spend on a dyno because I just spent $5k on everything. I have the TTS tuner in hand along with the software disc. There was no cable to hook up to laptop and bike. I asked him if it came with the TTS and he said no contact them It comes separate. Not sure if that's true or not but I don't even have the cable to hook up to my computer. Please don't say take it back to the guy and start complaining to him because I'm past that point and done with him. NOW hear is the giant question... I have no idea how this TTS works But I know a lot of you do your own adjustments from your laptop. Is there anybody in the Houston area that would be willing to be an awesome person and help someone out in a little bit of a bind! If you have this cable and the tuning knowledge could you help me adjust the settings on my bike so that it stops the decel and shifting popping Plus adjust for sputtering between 2000 and 2800 rpm at steady speed I would be greatly appreciative! I'm sure it's relatively simple if you know what you're doing but its rocket science to me. I can throw 50 bucks your way to cover any gas plus if you're single there's some money for a night out of drinking or if you have a family theres some money to take everybody to dinner. If anyone out there has extensive knowledge and wants to help me out I'm in the Clear Lake area 20 miles south of downtown Houston. I'm completely free until 7 p.m. on Friday evening (today) and also free Sunday after 4pm and all day Tuesday. Thanks!!

Old 10-25-2014, 01:05 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

PM Sent

Old 10-27-2014, 01:30 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I sent another PM. Somehow the first one got lost in space. I found your info on the bike and will go ahead and make a map. Did forget to have you check and make real sure the O2 sensors aren't crossed. The front cylinder goes to the gray plug and the back to the black plug. The plugs are polarized and can't be just switched. If they are this will cause the issue you have also, and no map adjustments is going to fix it. Probably not the issues but been bit several times on this. If you don't get the new PM let me know.