Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

what do i do ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 PM
fred08hd
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what do i do ?

Ok guys here's my question/problem. On my 08 heritage classic now, K@N filter and rush slashdown slip ons w/1.75 in. baffles, pc3 installed at hd shop. So my bike is popping on decel. Called the tech and he said they all pop some. I'm thinking this guy doesn't understand how to find tune my bike or doesn't really want to bother. My mods are fairly simple but to make sure I didn't hurt the engine I had hd shop install the pc3 and dyno. Don't really want to go back there to here "they all pop some". Read to 1st look for leaks in exhaust system before doing anything. If no leaks what then ? Thundermax w/autotune sounds great but boys it ain't cheap. Any and all tips, suggestions, recommendations, opinions will be appreciated.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:14 PM
nutoy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 14 fatboy and it would pop on decal after cats were removed and baffles opened up. so I bought a tmax and the 18mm 02 bungs,welded in the bungs and installed the tmax with a map the was close to what the bike I have has and no more pop and it runs great. I had a few problems at first with understanding what map to install so sent an email and they emailed back the same day with a map number to try.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

First can you make adjustments to the PCIII map. You need to richen up the 0 throttle column on the fuel maps. Add 10 points more fuel to the rpms row above 1000 rpms to max rpm on both fuel tables. I think you can punch the buttons on the display and get it richer also but don't think you can control where the rpm area you are changing is. You can stop it without spending more coins for a tuner with a Stage 1 you have all you need. You can download all the instructions you need from Dyna Jet and program for laptop and directions on how to make changes and save maps to the bike. If you can get the map off the bike, send me a PM with email address and I will make the changes for you. Not easy to exchange maps on forum.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:13 AM
fred08hd
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I'm going to start by checking for leaks in system 1st. Then I'll probably go and try a new mapping adjustments. Ke5rbd, thanks for offer to help make changes. Might contact you after new year if things don't improve.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:07 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fred08hd
Thanks guys, I'm going to start by checking for leaks in system 1st. Then I'll probably go and try a new mapping adjustments. Ke5rbd, thanks for offer to help make changes. Might contact you after new year if things don't improve.
No they don't all pop. Most if not all can be dialed out by adjusting the map.

I agree with Ke5bd. You already have the tools to fix the problem. If you aren't comfortable making the changes, he's offered to help.

Give it a try and if you're not getting the result you need, send him your map.

I'm assuming your problem is on deceleration...so it 's most likely a low rpm fuel adjustment.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 AM
fred08hd
Intermediate

Thanks nrider1, yes its on decel. You and ke5rbd are probably right on about the map and adjustments I need to make. going to give mapping adjustment a shot myself 1st (for personal learning experience). Then if that fails I'll be posting and howering at you guys again. Wrote down adjustments and suggestions you guys made. Sure is nice to know where I can go for answers and get help when needed.