Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Need help redo'ing PCIII map

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help redo'ing PCIII map

OK, I need help with my PC from Fuel Moto. The map Jamie downloaded for me is running too rich. I need to lean it up some but honestly know nothing about what I'm looking at on the fuel map. I understand the rpm and throttle position, but what do I need to do to lean it up to get my fuel mileage back up. It sucks now probably around 30 mpg. I'd like to get it back up a little. Can anybody offer their expertise? Please............

Old 02-22-2008, 08:33 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: Need help redo'ing PCIII map

Just ask Jaime to give you a little leaner map. That is what he is there for. he's the pro.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:21 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the Fuel Moto maps are rich, or at least the ones they have sent me. I'm not complaining, a canned map is just what it is. Try the dynojet map for your setup, it may be better, but to really get what you want, pay a good dyno tuner to create you an advanced map. By the way, what is your setup, I may have one for you.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:26 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to do this yourself. First you would want to find out where it is too rich. If you are doing highway riding only and it is sucking down too much fuel, you can put a 0 to 100 gauge made of paper on your throttle so you can see where the throttle position is at cruising RPMs, then find out what the RPM range is for cruising, now you have your numbers for which cell you want to adjust, now you can adjust those cells in that range down slightly, a little at a time and ride it. This way will take you quite a while to do. That is why the dyno tune is worth the money and why I went with a Thundermax.

Post your bike year, specs on the bike, like what exhaust, A/C and any other changes. then post your map and maybe you can get some feedback. But with the info you provided, can't really help you that much. Good Luck on your quest for better mpg.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 08 SG that I put on 2" Rush slipon's, power commander III, and SE air filter. Jamie programmed it with his normal setup to lean it up on the highway, but I'm only getting about 30 mpg. I'd be happy with up anywhere aroung 38 or over. You can smell it, that's how I know it burning rich. That and the right pipe is BLACK from exhaust. I need to lean it up through the whole range a little. Moreso on the low end. I usually run around 3k rpm's on the highway. Does that help?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
drivermrp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same problem. I upgraded my 02 Heritage to 95 ci, with PCIII,V&H 2 into 1, cams, clutch, etc (not heads). I was getting 40mpg or betterbefore, now I get 30-31. The guy that did the upgrade said that is to be expected. I'm not buying it. I found a performance shop, I am going to try and get my bike over their Saturday and talk to them. It's in getting 20K service and new rubber this week. Everyone say I should expect a little loss 2-3 mpg, but not 10+. In my opinion it idles high. I also have noticed more of a gas smell, but I always thought it was "road smell", maybe it is the bike.

I will let you know what I find out.