Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Technoresearch Direct Link

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:14 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Technoresearch Direct Link

I am looking for a fuel tuner for my 14 RK , I have have talked to a couple of folks and they have mentioned and suggested the direct link by Techno Research. I am not a fuel tuner or fuel injection guru by no means . I just want a tuner that will optimize the performance of a stage 1 and in the a future some mild cams.
Has anyone ever heard or used the direct link tuner ? A very reputable shop is offering Direct link with a dyno for 620.00.
2014 RK Dragula 2 2/1 exhaust S&S Air cleaner.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

I was debating between the direct link and tts, nothing wrong with direct link at all. If your dyno guy likes it and he has a good reputation than go for it. The tuners I discussed it with didn't have anything bad to say about it and it was right on par with tts, seprt and other popular flash devices. If you're looking to tweak your tune later by yourself, I'm not sure if it has an auto tune feature or not.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Thanks Roadie, the tuner I am using says he can with all of them he just prefers the direct link , I was thinking either direct link or power vision.
What are you using ?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

I went with the TTS, primarily for the following: all the tuners I talked to liked it, they sell a dual license and I need to do 2 bikes, and it does have some user friendly auto tune features if you decide to play later.

That being said, $620 is a heck of a deal if he's a reputable tuner. Maybe he has a base tune from another bike similar to yours that he's using as a starting point to get yours tuned faster and that's why it's so cheap?? The TTS cost $445 for a single license and $645 for a dual plus cables are extra. The full dyno tune for me will be $400-$500 up here.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:55 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

10-4, thanks bud for the reply. That's what has me really considering the direct link is the price. I am not one for messing with fuel maps, way over my head lol !!

Old 01-30-2015, 12:34 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

My question would be if you get it tuned to the stage 1 and you decided to do cams what would the second tune cost. I do my own stuff so it is not appealing to me. I think why the dyno guys like it so well is it restricts you to coming back to them and the software on the dyno communicates directly with the ecm through some sort of interface just like the TTS, PV, or SEPST. If you don't want to fool with a tuner and have someone else do it looks like it is as good of deal as the dyno operator is good cause you will be stuck with him or someone else that has the Direct Link system to tune with.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:42 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
My question would be if you get it tuned to the stage 1 and you decided to do cams what would the second tune cost. I do my own stuff so it is not appealing to me. I think why the dyno guys like it so well is it restricts you to coming back to them and the software on the dyno communicates directly with the ecm through some sort of interface just like the TTS, PV, or SEPST. If you don't want to fool with a tuner and have someone else do it looks like it is as good of deal as the dyno operator is good cause you will be stuck with him or someone else that has the Direct Link system to tune with.
That's what I am gathering to , I just don't think I want to be stuck. The added tune at the particular shop would only cost 225.00 to dyno when I added cams. It sounds like a great deal , but i agree with you and don't want to be stuck.
Thanks Mac for taking the time to check the DL out and posting all this is waaaay over my head.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:30 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Told you so LOL.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Told you so LOL.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!
Lol reckon you did

Old 02-23-2015, 02:49 PM
dibe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure if you are still debating what to get. I purchased a 06 FLHR a few years ago that had the Technoresearch tuner on it already.

It was impossible for me to get the software in order for me to adjust the map on my end. I called the company at one point to try and obtain the software and they told me I had to take it to a tuner to get the map adjusted.

The price might be good but if you plan on adjusting the map on your end, I would stay away from it.

Quick Reply: Technoresearch Direct Link