Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Terrible low end curve

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 PM
chazzy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible low end curve

Ok so here is my dyno results....96", SE mid-range cams, Python true duals with V&H High Outputs and SE stage 1 a/c..... Any idea as to why such a weird/crappy curve at the bottom end? Terrible low end curve-image.jpg

Old 02-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Desertwndrr
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

V&H HOs?...

Seriously. That exhaust is has been attributed to poor low end performance. Try new mufflers.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:16 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertwndrr
V&H HOs?...

Seriously. That exhaust is has been attributed to poor low end performance. Try new mufflers.
I'll second that. Sure looks like a torque dip from your exhaust system.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:44 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Cool Bad Tune !!!

this looks typical of alot of so-called dyno tunes !!! where the tuner will tune the AFR'S and do noting w/ the timing tables ....a good tuner should be able to tune the motor to the set up on the bike ...THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR !!! ...so if you are only getting haft a tune (just the air/fuel ) you should only pay for haft a tune ....that is how the so-called tuners are ripping everyone off ...then tell you its the pipe !!! no ...B/S ,,,,he cant tune it ...or he dont want to send the time needed to tune the flat spot out...again THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR !!! Guess what !!! the least amount of time they spend , the more $$$ they make ....we need to start holding these guys responsible for what you are paying for !!! it's not the pipe ...it's the tuner !!!...yea ...go buy another set of pipes and take it too the same guy ....you'll get the same results !!!..

Old 02-28-2015, 08:06 AM
ajayrk
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not enough compression for the SE 211 cam to work well on the low end.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:57 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Thumbs down Bad Tune !!!

Originally Posted by ajayrk
Not enough compression for the SE 211 cam to work well on the low end.
this is another preconceived notion , heard from alot of so-called tuners !!! That has stuck in the minds of guys believing any thing a tuner whats to tell ya !! if that is the case , one would retard or advance timing to smooth out the curve ...we have seen alot of dyno maps from many different tuners , who will (because they are only tuning at WOT ) throw + 3-5 degrees of ignition timing in at 80 & 100% throttle in order to see what makes the HIGHEST power curve ..with no changes made to the RPM columns where the problem exist , .this is not tuning !!! if a tuner was to give me a dyno sheet like that ...i would only pay about a third of his price for that B/S ...

Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 AM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Received 1,392 Likes on 518 Posts

You also need a readout of the AFR during the pull to see if you have a lean/rich condition.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:32 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

What afr readout? They didn't tune anything. 1 run in June and 1 run in July just to see output. Untuned bike. Even says stock ecm. What did the op expect........

Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 PM
aglide
Novice

Desertwndrr post is seconded by me. I have the 96" engine, SE Tuner, V&H single induction twin filter intake, and the Pythons. The Pythons have hurt performance and tough to tune on the dyno. Going with full exhaust system next, probably Rinehardts.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:40 PM
chazzy
Cruiser

Yeah I kinda thought that dip on the dyno could be my exhaust....I've been thinking about going 2 into 1 exhaust. what do you guys think?
Any suggestions as to a real cool looking 2:1 exhaust that performs very well?

Quick Reply: Terrible low end curve