Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Latest Firmware Upgrade for Tmax

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:14 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Latest Firmware Upgrade for Tmax

I've read a fewposts about a new version of the Thundermax software/firmware which helps to control popping on decel. Is there a download link for this?

That update doesn't seem to be available through the upgrade option in the software version I have.

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Latest Firmware Upgrade for Tmax

I think I started this. I bought a Tmax about a month ago. I can go to the Tuning Map and click on Click on Module Configuration, click on basic settings and a d ialogue box opens. The far right column has something labeled as Decel Fuel Cut. You can set it at "0" or "1". I do that and the Firmware accepts it. I have mine set at "0" and the bike runs great. I have Firmware EFI thundermax 44_12. There is also a toggle under the Configuration menu to download the latest Firmware which seems to be Dec. 2006. It would seem that anyone with the Smartlink software can download this. There are other features that says that it requires Firmware 4.5, but I have not found anything like that on either site.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member

Mine doesn't have that option

Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It would then seem that you need a new version of Smartlink. Mine came with the Tmax so I'm not sure what you do other than call Zippers or Thunderheart and see what it takes to get a newer version of the software. Seems to me that I saw a downloadable version on the Thundermax site. Try this link.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/I...nSoftware.aspx

I believe you want Smartlink IV

Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts

I got 4.5 today I e-mail zippers and the guy e-mails me this and a file which is 4.5 firmware upgrade. I do not know how to send this file on the forum but if you want I can e-mail it to you. I will be gone this weekend. I install it tonight and it did help the back firing. When I download the firmware I also clear the learned fuel adjustment and the learned idle control adjustment. Put about 10 mils on my bike and the popping turn in to a small gurgle it seems to have got better by the time I got home. But I think this is my imagine nation playing tricks on me. Other than this I did not notice any defiance than before the download. Here is the letter.

I've attached the 4.5 firmware. Please read the instructions below carefully.

Save the firmware to the following folder where the software will automatically retrieve it during the firmware upgrade.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Thunder Heart\SmartLinkIVZippers\FirmwareUpgrades

Firmware upgrades are done through the software at Configure> Firmware> Upgrade Module Firmware Now. This process is self guiding. SmartLink IV version 2007.0.6 is required for this firmware. Very early versions of the ThunderMax ECM are not updateable to the 4.5 firmware by the end user and must be sent to Zippers for modification. Contact Zippers Product Support for details. RELOAD your saved map or best matching map after upgrading the firmware.

The latest software, updatable through SmartLink IV, is version 2007.0.6. This version includes adjustable values in the Basic Settings for eliminating the decel pop. Coupled with the firmware version 4.5, this is a useful tool. An updated Tuning Manual is due out soon as well which will add guidance to the process.

Basic additions in the latest software:
*Specific timing adjustment pages every 256 rpms with real timing values in degrees.

*Adjustable temp warning (engine light) threshold.

*Decel fuel cut option in "Basic Settings" to help eliminate decel popping.

In Basic Settings:
"Decel Fuel Cut" setting enables/disables the process.
"Decel Fuel Cut RPM High" value is the rpm where the fuel is cut-off under deceleration. You must reach the "RPM High" value to activate the fuel cut process. "Decel Fuel Cut RPM Low" value is where fuel is restored. "Decel Post Fuel Enrichment" adds a shot of fuel when throttling back up. This value may be lowered from the default setting if an over fuel or surging condition is detected.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 AM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the instructions everyone, I have the latest version here now and I'm going to try changing those settings this weekend.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

****************** Withdrawn ************************

Here is the latest TMax firmware as supplied by Zippers this week.
Due to the restricted file handling capability of the forum software,
once the file is downloaded it will have to be renamed.

It will download as a file named: EFI%5FTHUNDE%2E%2E082207.txt

It will have to be renamed to: EFI_THUNDERMAX-01_Version45_08-22-07.B19
to be recognized by the SmartLink IV software.

Hopefully, this workaround will work for my fellow TMax'ers.

06FXDBI-