Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 11:50 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I did try that and it said that the data can only be used with the map it was collected. So no I could not open the latest map and apply my latest auto tune run to it.
Hmmm, then the map did get a change with the software update. It will most likely be something that is not viewed in the tables. You could compare the new and saved map VE tables, cut and paste the ones changed then do more smartunes

Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to be clear I opened the new version of the map I have been using to auto tune. I pulled the front VE working table over and the smart tune table over. I then tried to open my most resent auto tune data file and it told me no it has to be the same file you used to collect the data. So it looks like I can not start with the new map and just update it with the latest data run. But I guess I could just copy my VE tables on my old map and the paste them into the new revision and continue auto tuning from there.... I know the last time an update came out I update the software and when I tried to load the old revision into the bike to do some more auto tuning it would not let me and told me to use the new revision of that map. If everything you can see is the same between the two maps it seems like I could just copy the VE tables and paste them into the new revision map and start auto tuning from there... What do you think?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Webo
Just to be clear I opened the new version of the map I have been using to auto tune. I pulled the front VE working table over and the smart tune table over. I then tried to open my most resent auto tune data file and it told me no it has to be the same file you used to collect the data. So it looks like I can not start with the new map and just update it with the latest data run. But I guess I could just copy my VE tables on my old map and the paste them into the new revision and continue auto tuning from there.... I know the last time an update came out I update the software and when I tried to load the old revision into the bike to do some more auto tuning it would not let me and told me to use the new revision of that map. If everything you can see is the same between the two maps it seems like I could just copy the VE tables and paste them into the new revision map and start auto tuning from there... What do you think?

In this case I would copy the VE from old to new map and continue with new map for tweaking. If the old and new VE tables are the same to start then at least the first data run is not wasted. I would continue with the new version just in case there was hidden changes. when you look at what's new does it say your map was changed? I do not think it was so it may recognize the map you started with is not the current one.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vic hale
Did my first Smart tune today after the Harley shop did just a power tune with VE and it said I need to raise the cubic inch. Then it said to lower the VE table as I had 2 cells on the front that were 127.5 in the 100 cells. Its a built 103 and in the tuning the Harley shop had it set to 103.3. They also set the stock injectors for some reason to 4.64. If I put the injector size back to stock setting will that lower the VE? My bike runs hard and I went ahead and put the smart tune in it and it felt strong. What should I do?
Anyone have an answer for me?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Vic what exactly is your build sir?

cams?
exhaust?
heads?
air cleaner?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:10 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Vic what exactly is your build sir?

cams?
exhaust?
heads?
air cleaner?

Vic
It is difficult to assist you when you keep introducing more elements. The latest with the injector size. How are we to know why your tuner who achieved 86hp and 102TQ, With upgrade 98.4 HP and 113.5 Torque changed the injector size or the size of the engine. why don't you ask them for an explanation?
also you keep changing the VE tables manually by 15% across the board (or more). You have finally done one smartune data log where we encouraged you to do many.
do you have a 103 with stock injectors or not? The original injector size in the map you are using is 5.32

I looked again at the maps you sent me a while ago.
was your dyno tune any good? who knows. but both the dyno tune and your changes are large percentages in the VE tables. why?

My concern in answering you is that you have not done what myself and others have suggested. Your sig line may the problem as it is a stage 1 when you are tuning with a stage 4 map.

Last edited by 1Canuck; 09-01-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 AM
winnick1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with sert maps

Hi my name Dave
I am new to the site. I have 2011 softail blackline. I can not find a map for the mods I have done to the bike.
It is now a 103 c, cnc heads, Andrew 555 cams, se air filter, v&h shorty pipes can anyone help with a map that will work with the mods I have done
I have a map from the sert site, however the bike is backfiring when I back off & the map I put on had diff cams.
Other than the mods I have done it is standard.
Thanks
Dave

Old 09-02-2014, 08:53 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

Hey everybody,

Im smacking my head against the wall.

I have a 2006 FLHX 88" with Andrews 26n, K&N open A/C (no cover) and Cobra Race Pro free flowing exhaust, 25 degree injectors. I recently had the Klock Werks Super Savers but had to lay the bike down to avoid hitting the cars in from of me who suddenly stopped and they were part of the damage. I have The SEPST - I had no decel popping with the klock werks, now I have lots with the Cobras, I have no leaks, used new clamps & copper gasket sealer.

Can anyone help me out with a map or suggestions on the AFR maybe ?- I spent a couple on the laptop in the garage yeasterday AM, but I am still getting a lot of popping, bike pulls & runs awesome. Frustration is getting the best of me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mark

Old 09-02-2014, 09:12 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by TRMRC
Hey everybody,

Im smacking my head against the wall.

I have a 2006 FLHX 88" with Andrews 26n, K&N open A/C (no cover) and Cobra Race Pro free flowing exhaust, 25 degree injectors. I recently had the Klock Werks Super Savers but had to lay the bike down to avoid hitting the cars in from of me who suddenly stopped and they were part of the damage. I have The SEPST - I had no decel popping with the klock werks, now I have lots with the Cobras, I have no leaks, used new clamps & copper gasket sealer.

Can anyone help me out with a map or suggestions on the AFR maybe ?- I spent a couple on the laptop in the garage yeasterday AM, but I am still getting a lot of popping, bike pulls & runs awesome. Frustration is getting the best of me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mark
Mark, I would try resetting the AFV in the map you're running first. from there, you'll need to smart tune a little to get rid of the decel pop. Do you have a map you can post up here for us to see?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:28 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Mark, I would try resetting the AFV in the map you're running first. from there, you'll need to smart tune a little to get rid of the decel pop. Do you have a map you can post up here for us to see?

Thanks UN. I actually did copy & paste what I had in there originally & what I have in it now.

Before with the Klock Werks (had some flames with the Cobras..lol):

141NU102

And now I have

141PA004

I chose these because what the dealership had on for me originally, but they had the 8 degree..which I don't have.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread