Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:45 AM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard of a dealer borrowing cables, id go somewhere else. if they have a good dyno room they should have like 3 sets of them just laying around

Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 AM
jimbo78aus
6th Gear

Hi all, just wish to ask for a simple answer.
I have the 32109-08B version of the super tuner pro, just purchased a cable set online but have no software. Can I just download the new free software online and use it when my cables arrive or is this current software only compatible with the 32109-08C or do you have to have a copy of previous software to upgrade

Old 02-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can now download the software free from HD at: http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson...uperTuner.aspx

Old 02-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo78aus
Hi all, just wish to ask for a simple answer.
I have the 32109-08B version of the super tuner pro, just purchased a cable set online but have no software. Can I just download the new free software online and use it when my cables arrive or is this current software only compatible with the 32109-08C or do you have to have a copy of previous software to upgrade

32109-08B is what I've used for 3+ years and is compatible with the download that Foxster provided.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
jimbo78aus
6th Gear

Cheers guys

Old 02-12-2014, 07:11 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm trying to understand what difference there is in optimal timing between different stage-1 hardware.

If you have stage-1 hardware only on a 103" and have had the timing tuned by a reputable tuner, can you send me (or post) a copy of your timing tables, together with your year and bike model, AC and pipes setup?

Many thanks in advance!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
I'm trying to understand what difference there is in optimal timing between different stage-1 hardware.

If you have stage-1 hardware only on a 103" and have had the timing tuned by a reputable tuner, can you send me (or post) a copy of your timing tables, together with your year and bike model, AC and pipes setup?

Many thanks in advance!
optimal timing is based solely on the tune and characteristics of YOUR bike. A timing table from another bike even the same exact year and build will do you no good.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
optimal timing is based solely on the tune and characteristics of YOUR bike. A timing table from another bike even the same exact year and build will do you no good.
If that were the case, then it wouldn't be possible to use canned stage-1 maps from the SEPST software. So therefore these must be a conservative average and close enough for most people. I'm interested to know exactly how much the optimal timing map varies between hardware, rather than to copy someone else's

Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

If that were the case, then it wouldn't be possible to use canned stage-1 maps from the SEPST software. So therefore these must be a conservative average and close enough for most people. I'm interested to know exactly how much the optimal timing map varies between hardware, rather than to copy someone else's
canned stage 1 maps are a "starting point" and ONLY close enough to start with. In addition they are bike specific meaning 1 starting canned map timing is not going to be the same for another. Also, timing on front cylinder is more than likely going to be different for the rear cylinder hence the reason you tune 1 cylinder at a time. Here are starting maps from the SE software from 2 different builds for front cylinders.

Attached Thumbnails SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-capture1.jpg   SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-capture2.jpg  

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 02-12-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many thanks in advance!
It's fun to compare (heck I even looked at Dyno Jet's PV maps that you can download), but for me and my stage 1 RG, I just used the canned timing tables from the cal and then used MyTune to see if any tweaks were needed.

With a stage 1, I'm not about chasing a hp here or there, but looking for a well running, smooth ride, that is not cooking my right leg. One time I lowered timing down at idle and its was smooth as silk, but holly crap the EGTs increased and my pipes were so hot my leg was burning...

Other option, add 5 degrees across the board from the stock cal, record for ping and make adjustments, but watch out for vibrations from hell and your teeth rattling. Just kidding, I do not recommend that at all...

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread