Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
Man I have looked and looked and I don't see a compare option. I have the latest version of the tuning software that just came out and when I follow the instructions above I can not find a compare option at all.

to compare. first you should be saving each change as a new file. so when you save-as the latest smartune update you then open the previous one. Then open VE front and rear the old file. Then you drag on top the new file VE front/rear respectively. The option to compare is one of the choices shown, choose it and it will show the changes between old and new. remember that VE is already a % so the number shown as change, ie: 4 is 4%. ie: if a cell on previous was 80 and now it is 84, it is +4.

One reason to change the AFR is to take it out of closed loop (richer). once in open loop the ECM will not change the ratio, it will just add fuel expecting that the VE is correct and not changing

Old 09-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok this is driving me crazy!!! Here is a screen shot of the old file on bottom and the latest file on top just like you said. I can not find a compare button so help a dummy out and give specific instructions on where it will be....lol... Should I be looking at the working VE file for each?

Old 09-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I just figured it out. With the new software you have to drag the old file over to the window and then drag the new file over into the same window as the old and it will give you the option to compare or replace the item in that window. I thought yall were saying to drag it to the window on top of the old file and then hit a compare button...lol

Old 09-28-2014, 09:48 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

OK, using the screen shot as guide. go to the left column and drag the rev 3 VE front last saved over top of the rev 2 VE front working

Old 10-01-2014, 03:04 AM
sharps45100
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need advice

I have a 2014 ultra limited that I want to just upgrade air cleaner and slip ons. Don't want to change out head pipes just use stock. The hd se catalog says the street tuner can now adjust some tables beyond epa specs so is this tuner enough to get bike adjusted so it will run better. Not needing bike to run a road race just want it to have the ability to run better and cooler than when it left the factory.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sharps45100
I have a 2014 ultra limited that I want to just upgrade air cleaner and slip ons. Don't want to change out head pipes just use stock. The hd se catalog says the street tuner can now adjust some tables beyond epa specs so is this tuner enough to get bike adjusted so it will run better. Not needing bike to run a road race just want it to have the ability to run better and cooler than when it left the factory.

I used the SE Street PerformanceTuner,,, it did a great job for the Air Cleaner & Muffler upgrades... but I later fully de-catted my headpipe and the Street Performance Tuner was not enough...as you can only adjust the VE tables with smart tune runs, and not adjust the A/F ratio...

I'm also happy with the SE Pro Super Tuner for my current mods and needs...

Old 10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Will a version B super tuner work on a 2014 low rider? Can get new, unopened 32109-08B for a reasonable price locally but want to make sure it will work before purchase. The only thing I remember from the description of the C version was updates to electronics to make data transfer faster.
Anyone have experience?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 AM
spdrcrjl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How easy is the SE Pro Super Tuner to use?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rednred
Will a version B super tuner work on a 2014 low rider? Can get new, unopened 32109-08B for a reasonable price locally but want to make sure it will work before purchase. The only thing I remember from the description of the C version was updates to electronics to make data transfer faster.
Anyone have experience?
will it work with 2014 low rider? don't know.
The 32109-08B came out in 2010 for current year but also worked on previous and up to 2012. The connection on the bike was a four pin plug. Now there is a six pin plug connector, do you have one of those? The 32109-08C shows a 6 pin plug in 2013.
The VCI is just a link, the software on your computer does the work, so it may well work, but then why did they change the part number?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by spdrcrjl
How easy is the SE Pro Super Tuner to use?

not easy at all. well it hooks up easy, records data easy, flashes easy.
In between all that an understanding of the results and where you wish to go in the final tune is where the work is. If all you want to do is a quick ride, collect data and re flash the update, then call it a day, real easy then.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread