Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:27 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Mine did the same. New starter clutch, problem solved!!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Fat Bob 12
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperTuner and maps, I really need help!

I have a 2012 Dyna FatBob and really need some assistance. My local HD shop jut wants me to bring he bike in and let them troubleshoot it, but I'd like to beat this thing myself with your help!

I have 103 motor with stage 1 intake and V&H staggered short shots exhaust. The map I am using is the HD 357SDQ001.dt0.

The problem I am having is this:
When accelerating up thru the gears everything seems normal until I shift to 5th gear. At 60 mph and 3000 RPM's I twist the throttle and reach 70 mph and about 4500 RPM's. At this point, I loose power, RPM's drop off back to 3000 and then re climb up before I shift into 6th Cruising gear.
Some things to note... My HD Speedo/tach combo digital gear indicator responds with the gear dropping from 5th to 4th to 3rd without any mechanical shifting.
While monitoring the performance on the Screamin Eagle software on my computer. It appears that O2, TP and other sensors are working,

My questions:
1) Could this be a bad map or at least bad on that part of the accel curve, rpm and TP.
2) If so, how do I locate this area on the map to alter it?
3) Does anyone have this setup that they can copy their map and zip file it to me?
4) Has anyone seen this condition and what was your corrective action?
5) Can anyone suggest places to look to resolve this issue?

I'm trying to not loose more time trying to figure this out and get more time in riding and enjoying the scenery of this great country!

I hope someone can help,
Thanks!
FatBob12

Old 08-14-2015, 12:58 PM
BorJan
3rd Gear

New to Supertuner and having problem with download from ECM/VCI.
When I "Load comparsion tuning (calibration) file and click on VCI I just got a lot of "squares" ( see encl. pic.)
If I highlite the "squares" and click OPEN it jumps to 105HB025.dt0 that is stored on C:drive/TuningFiles.
How to be sure that I download from VCI ?

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
VCI.bmp (2.25 MB, 200 views)
Old 08-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Russ LaRose
Novice
Default Deleting Recent Selections

With the SEProSuperTuner, in the RECENT SELECTIONS window in the lower right of the TUNING section, does anyone know how to remove or delete any of the listed selections? Some of them listed in my window that I have viewed just to investigate, and decided that they do not apply to my bike, I have deleted from the Super Tuner files stored in the computer, yet they keep popping up in the RECENT SELECTIONS window.
Russ
2011 FLHTK

Old 09-09-2015, 10:27 PM
sg120r
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adaptive fuel in lambda based tune

Sorry if this is long. 2015 FLHXS with 120R crate engine, DandD Fatcat quiet exhaust. Is there any way to disable adaptive fuel? Seems like what ever I set the AFR to it eventually leans out, I lower the AFR and it runs to my expectations at about 36 mpg then eventually it starts leaning out again. Have the AFR set to 12.1 now, started at 13.8. I do not reset adaptive fuel when flashing because I tried that several times and that would just take longer and it would end up where it was anyway. Is lambda based file always using the O2 sensors no matter if the AFR table is "closed loop"?
I tried going the other way and setting AFR in Closed loop then adjusting the CI to 123 and it helped but then it starts leaning out over time also. Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by sg120r; 09-09-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Adaptive
Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 PM
sg120r
Novice

Originally Posted by Fat Bob 12
I have a 2012 Dyna FatBob and really need some assistance. My local HD shop jut wants me to bring he bike in and let them troubleshoot it, but I'd like to beat this thing myself with your help!

I have 103 motor with stage 1 intake and V&H staggered short shots exhaust. The map I am using is the HD 357SDQ001.dt0.

The problem I am having is this:
When accelerating up thru the gears everything seems normal until I shift to 5th gear. At 60 mph and 3000 RPM's I twist the throttle and reach 70 mph and about 4500 RPM's. At this point, I loose power, RPM's drop off back to 3000 and then re climb up before I shift into 6th Cruising gear.
Some things to note... My HD Speedo/tach combo digital gear indicator responds with the gear dropping from 5th to 4th to 3rd without any mechanical shifting.
While monitoring the performance on the Screamin Eagle software on my computer. It appears that O2, TP and other sensors are working,

My questions:
1) Could this be a bad map or at least bad on that part of the accel curve, rpm and TP.
2) If so, how do I locate this area on the map to alter it?
3) Does anyone have this setup that they can copy their map and zip file it to me?
4) Has anyone seen this condition and what was your corrective action?
5) Can anyone suggest places to look to resolve this issue?

I'm trying to not loose more time trying to figure this out and get more time in riding and enjoying the scenery of this great country!

I hope someone can help,
Thanks!
FatBob12

Have you done a recording (without smart tune enabled) and look for knock retard in that RPM range? That can make it do what you are describing. The gear indicator changing on it's own? If that is what you are saying, could be ECM or connection issue.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:42 PM
sg120r
Novice

Originally Posted by BorJan
New to Supertuner and having problem with download from ECM/VCI.
When I "Load comparsion tuning (calibration) file and click on VCI I just got a lot of "squares" ( see encl. pic.)
If I highlite the "squares" and click OPEN it jumps to 105HB025.dt0 that is stored on C:drive/TuningFiles.
How to be sure that I download from VCI ?
I do not think you can load VCI as comparison file. What I have done is load tuning file from VCI (must be connected to bike) then "save as" and name it something descriptive in a folder that you know. Close that file and then you can retrieve it as a comparison file to what ever you have for the tuning file.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 PM
sg120r
Novice

Originally Posted by Russ LaRose
With the SEProSuperTuner, in the RECENT SELECTIONS window in the lower right of the TUNING section, does anyone know how to remove or delete any of the listed selections? Some of them listed in my window that I have viewed just to investigate, and decided that they do not apply to my bike, I have deleted from the Super Tuner files stored in the computer, yet they keep popping up in the RECENT SELECTIONS window.
Russ
2011 FLHTK

Those are just quick links to recent files. Just click on manual select (lower left) and pick the file from there. That file will be listed at the top of the list you are talking about.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sg120r
Sorry if this is long. 2015 FLHXS with 120R crate engine, DandD Fatcat quiet exhaust. Is there any way to disable adaptive fuel? Seems like what ever I set the AFR to it eventually leans out, I lower the AFR and it runs to my expectations at about 36 mpg then eventually it starts leaning out again. Have the AFR set to 12.1 now, started at 13.8. I do not reset adaptive fuel when flashing because I tried that several times and that would just take longer and it would end up where it was anyway. Is lambda based file always using the O2 sensors no matter if the AFR table is "closed loop"?
I tried going the other way and setting AFR in Closed loop then adjusting the CI to 123 and it helped but then it starts leaning out over time also. Any advise would be appreciated.
On my AFR table I use the lambda base measurements and I keep everything from 750 rpm to 3000 rpm and 0% to 60% throttle all in closed loop and everything else at peak power .856 or close too I've never had a lean problem yet. Do u put a check in the fuel box spot when u flash your map to ur bike? Also had u tried playing with your spark advance on your front or back cylinders?

Last edited by Jdharley78; 09-10-2015 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:22 PM
sg120r
Novice

Originally Posted by Jdharley78
On my AFR table I use the lambda base measurements and I keep everything from 750 rpm to 3000 rpm and 0% to 60% throttle all in closed loop and everything else at peak power .856 or close too I've never had a lean problem yet. Do u put a check in the fuel box spot when u flash your map to ur bike? Also had u tried playing with your spark advance on your front or back cylinders?
Thanks for the reply, I kind of started over (again) hit the reset adaptive fuel this time. Will see if it drifts towards the lean side. Spark advance seems to be very sensitive in the 2k-2.7k from 0-50 kpa and is too advance in the base map.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread