Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sg120r
Thanks for the reply, I kind of started over (again) hit the reset adaptive fuel this time. Will see if it drifts towards the lean side. Spark advance seems to be very sensitive in the 2k-2.7k from 0-50 kpa and is too advance in the base map.
The best advice I can give u is to just keep playing with it and doing smart runs. I can't tell you how many times I have restarted my tuning process from the basic map just to figure crap out. On a average I do at least 3 smart tune runs a week with the old lady on the back and just normal cruzing around and them some crazy driving It's amazing how much stuff you can tweak with this race tuner

Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Updating SEPST

I have a 2010 FLHTK that I have used the smart tune on when I first got the bike. I have since been getting the itch for the Fuel Moto 107 kit.
So I wanted to get refreshed with the tuner. I tried to update the tuner program on PC and I get an error "unable to connect to the update server." I currently have Vista as my operating system. I went to SE website and downloaded the program and started install but said that Windows 7 or 8 should be used. Can I get an update without updating operating system?

If I have to update operating system going to get a laptop. Will I have any issues when I go to retune bike? I hope this makes sense.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:59 PM
sg120r
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nocarb
I have a 2010 FLHTK that I have used the smart tune on when I first got the bike. I have since been getting the itch for the Fuel Moto 107 kit.
So I wanted to get refreshed with the tuner. I tried to update the tuner program on PC and I get an error "unable to connect to the update server." I currently have Vista as my operating system. I went to SE website and downloaded the program and started install but said that Windows 7 or 8 should be used. Can I get an update without updating operating system?

If I have to update operating system going to get a laptop. Will I have any issues when I go to retune bike? I hope this makes sense.
Pretty sure you will need w7 or 8 (make sure you don't get 10). As for retuning you can either first upload from VCI then change that or copy the tuning file from your old PC. There is nothing that marries up between PC to the VCI so a new PC is not a problem. The latest Pro Super Tuner software V9.0 will prompt to update the VCI (at least mine did) - first time I have seen that.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:10 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Why not 10? I've been using it on a win10 machine for a month or 2 with no problems.

Pretty sure you will need w7 or 8 (make sure you don't get 10). As for retuning you can either first upload from VCI then change that or copy the tuning file from your old PC. There is nothing that marries up between PC to the VCI so a new PC is not a problem. The latest Pro Super Tuner software V9.0 will prompt to update the VCI (at least mine did) - first time I have seen that.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:19 PM
sg120r
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had not tried it. Software only says 7, 8, 8.1 so it is good to know 10 works. Have you updated the tuner to V9? Did it update the VCI?

Originally Posted by rednred
Why not 10? I've been using it on a win10 machine for a month or 2 with no problems.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:25 PM
nocarb
Road Master

That's good news. I was hoping it would be simple.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I just had not tried it. Software only says 7, 8, 8.1 so it is good to know 10 works. Have you updated the tuner to V9? Did it update the VCI?
Yes the Update also Updates the VCI when you hook up the VCI to your computer the first time after updating your Software.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:41 PM
asa1199
Tourer

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts
Default How many smart runs?

Is it better to make a bunch of smart runs before tuning or should you tune after each run?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asa1199
Is it better to make a bunch of smart runs before tuning or should you tune after each run?
If you make a smart tune run that results only a few cells I wouldn't bother flashing the ecm. But I would reflash if there were a good amount of cells to change.
Billy

Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Default software question, new comp no disc

I have the software on an old laptop windows xp. I just bought a new one with windows 10 but I lost my original disc. how can I get the program on my new laptop?

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread