Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:57 PM
HERKO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

PROBLEM:
For years, I've sought an easy, accurate and in particular an automated way to calculate a 'new VE number’ derived via using Daytona Twin Tec's Twin-Scan/WEGO III-D.

Note: I am fully aware of Smart Tune, VTune, Power Vision, Direct Link etc. This info is for the many tuners who choose to use the TS/WEGO to calibrate VEs with certain tuning devices.

WORKABLE BUT CUMBERSOME/TIME CONSUMING SOLUTION(S):
Use the Twin Scan “VE Percent Correction Display”. Then, manually adjust VE's or use an Excel spread sheet to create new VE's. And, hope the breakpoints align with the tuning device’s VE tables.

GREAT SOLUTION:
Use the software program “MyTune”
It's almost too easy. If you can copy/paste VE's, find a log file in a folder and identify a base cal designator, you can use MyTune. It’s fast, straightforward and precise.

The generated 'new' VE's are accurate. They are even better than Twin-Scan’s own corrections due to how Frank (developer/owner of MyTune) designed the algorithms. Also, no more finagling with x-y axes breakpoints that don’t align.

For over two months now, with a high degree of success, I’ve used MyTune in conjunction with the TS/WEGO for the VE calibration phase of the tunes I’ve performed. This is for the AFR cal’d and Lambda cal’d bikes alike.

In addition to a table of copy/paste-able and accurate ‘new’ VE’s, MyTune also shows percent change, correction and hit counts. MyTune has many other features available as well.

IMO, the $29.99 end-user non-commercial price is a bargain. For commercial users, Frank may have some updated special and short term trial pricing.

To find more info, Google or Dogpile the three words: tune my harley
This will show you the website link.

Cheers,
John

P.S. The above comments were not solicited by the developer/owner of MyTune whatsoever.