Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need some wiring advice... 82 Shovel

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:59 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need some wiring advice... 82 Shovel

Ok, 2 and a half months after getting this bike I finally got it started and running. It had no brake/running light or blinkers. Im not running a rear fender and bought this http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/A.../p/44045_59408 to use for my all in one deal.

Running light and plate light works just fine.

Here are the issues I have.
First when using the blinkers, they dont blink. Just stay on when i push the button and go off when I let go.
Second my brake light wont work at all. Im thinking maybe a bad stop light switch but neither front or back brakes trigger the light. Would they both be bad or can just one be bad for it not to work? Also, maybe a wiring issue.

Below is a picture of the wires I have available but they arent the same as on the schematic completely. I will list the colors left to right and what I am using them for. The ones with question marks I dont know what they are for.

Dark Blue- ???
Brown- Goes to right blinker
Grey- Is going to ign/acc bus
Red- Is going to ign/acc bus
Light Blue- Going to running lights
Red- Not sure where its supposed to go, maybe brake light but doesnt work
Violet(not shown)- Goes to left blinker

Thing is, my schematic doesnt show a blue wire and light blue wire. It also doesnt show 2 red wires. Not sure wheat else to do besides try a new stop light switch but I dont think that is the answer.

Attached Thumbnails Need some wiring advice... 82 Shovel-20130929_172646_resized.jpg